AOW sources for these anyone?

Hey guys, what I'd like to know is if anybody knows of any companies that produce AOW type weapons. Now I'm not referring to the short shotguns that have that classification. I'm looking for gadget guns such as penguns, briefcase guns, knife pistol combinations, whatever else that might be out there. I haven't been able to even find any magazines or other sources for these AOW's. Anybody here able to steer me in the right direction? Oh and yes I know of SAR magazine but there's never gadget guns.

Edited by motorcycling951
forgot to add SAR in

Not many do or have since 68'

there was a knife a bit ago that was AOW that fired .22 rim fire, seen another in .38 special, a one off bayonet rig

past that, serious AOWs died out and are mostly unregulated Antiques these days.  A great deal of firearms curiosa were built in the 19th century...Cane guns were common, knuckle dusters like the Reids which for a number of years was NFA, Apache revolvers.  It goes on and on...Minneapolis & Chicago rotary palm guns, both were NFA at one time

Most folks don't understand that back in 1935 the NFA applied to everything, even muzzleloaders...the was no such animal as an "antique", that wasn't defined until the GCA of 1968.  These days things are much better actually, ATF exempted tons of arms from NFA regulation post 68' and continue to do so particularly AOWs from the 19th century back when concealed was a huge attraction

Anyways they are mostly craft built today

• Like 1

That knife you mentioned that fired bullets are you referring to the GRAD 22 KNIFE? Global research and development  (the manufacturer) went out of business at the end of the nineties. Those knives contained a 5 shot cylinder inside of the handle, a hidden trigger couldbe popped out on the underside of the handle as well. The barrel was just on top of the blade and since it is only 22lr it small enough not to be immediately noticed. Those knives can be found on gunbroker and guns America from time to time. But the last one I saw sold for almost 4 gran. They were only eight hundred dollars when they were new. Anyway I know Remington makes a cane gun. Penguns are made by everybody.

• 1 month later...

I'm damn near about ready to give up on this particular project/idea.  I can't hardly find jack shit for these things, for the most part anyway. Ironically, the antique gadget guns are helluva lot easier to locate than any of the newer ones. I'm just gonna concentrate on my building projects. At least parts kits for making title one firearms are all over the Internet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

951, DONT GIVE UP! you have just not been looking in the right places. YOU MUST KEEP YOUR EYES ON ALL THE BIG AUCTION HOUSES FOR BOTH MODERN AND ANTIQUE EXAMPLES. IN THE PAST YEAR MORE THAN 30 CHOICE ITEMS WERE OFFERED AND MANY WENT FOR CRAZY LITTLE MONEY! THE MAJOR PLAYERS ARE ROCK ISLAND, POULINS AND MORPHY'S. ON A LOWER SCALE COWENS. ALL WILL HAVE A SPRING AND FALL PREMIER 4 DAY EVENT AND A FEW IN BETWEEN. THEY ALL PUT THE ENTIRE CATALOG ON THE NET AT LEAST A MONTH B-4 SOME TIMES EARLIER. ONCE YOU REGISTER AND PLAY, THEY WILL REACHOUT TO YOU WHEN ITS TIME.      STICK WITH IT AND ENJOY!  MIKE TODD

• Like 1

My ARES Defense mini MAGLITE/ .380 ACP pen guns will be in Morphy's October auction. I still have two consecutive serial number, gold "lady stingers" .22 AOWs, NIB with all contents.

Use to be I couldn't give these things away. Now that I have near zero stock, I've got a number of people asking me for them.