Transferrable Colt M16A1 with Colt M16A2 upper and Colt M16A1 upper

Tarhe

Hi All-  I'm fairly new to this board, but have been Tarhee on AR15.com and ohiobikes on eBay for a long time.  I'm a Realtor in Central Ohio, so I'm easy to find and research online. 

I'm offering my Colt M-16 A1 for sale.  It's a 9.3 million serial range rifle, so was built in the late 1970s to early 1980s, from what I've gathered from reading online.  The prior owner had it for a year and tells me he rarely shot it.  He also told me that the owner before him was a police department in Pennsylvania.  So, it likely wasn't shot much by them, either.  I've shot fewer than 300 rounds through it. 

It came with the Colt M16A2 upper on it when he bought it and when I bought it from him.  The condition of both the A2 upper and lower is excellent.  The color of the A2 upper is slightly darker than the lower.  The lower is the typical medium gray of later M16A1s.  The receiver forge code is CM and the barrel is marked C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7.  It has the early A2 shiny round handguards.

I located and purchased the Colt M16A1 upper for it.  It has the correct CH forge code used from the early 1970s until the M16A2 was adopted in the early 1980s.  The barrel is correct- C MP Chrome Bore marked.  This upper has a few scratches on it from use and the receiver anodizing is the green-gray found on earlier guns.  So, it's not a perfect match for the lower color-wise, but is a correct upper for the rifle.

Both uppers have Colt M16 bolt carriers and bolts that came in the uppers.  I assume they're original.  

The rifle is priced with both uppers included.

I've attached several pictures.  If you'd like more, just let me know.  On a Form 4 in Ohio.  $35,900

IMG_6125.jpeg

IMG_6127.jpeg

IMG_6131.jpeg

IMG_6132.jpeg

IMG_6135.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg

IMG_6141.jpeg

• Like 1