WTB: Colt Sp1 SN: SP05600 to SP08249

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello again Hurrycane..Sorry I'm so late responding..The forward assist is the large button on the right side of the upper receiver that is rarely needed, but in case a round does not seat is used to slam the bolt carrier closed by a hit with the heel of your hand..Some SP1s had them, and some didn't..I'm looking for one that does, if it's at the right price..Thanks, John

17 hours ago, John Edwards said:

Hello again Hurrycane..Sorry I'm so late responding..The forward assist is the large button on the right side of the upper receiver that is rarely needed, but in case a round does not seat is used to slam the bolt carrier closed by a hit with the heel of your hand..Some SP1s had them, and some didn't..I'm looking for one that does, if it's at the right price..Thanks, John

No factory SP1s had forward assists.  They were all slicksides.  Some colts after the SP1 like the SPORTER II still had the slabside Colt SP1 style lower and they had the A1 uppers w/ forward assists.  They were also large hole so you could take a SPORTER II upper and put it on a SP1 lower if you wanted the SP1 markings.