WTS M11/9 C&S Metall Werkes 72rd drum Rare

Hello, I'm selling a rare C&S Metall Werkes 72rd drum for the M11/9 with the original eagle case they offered. There were only about 100 made for the M11/9. I've had it for years but sold my M11 and I decided to part with it. The price is $800 OBO.  Email me at brandon1222@nospamlive.com remove nospam for email. Thank you

image_zps435mdui0.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

image_zps4yn1nf67.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

Edited by BrandonB
  • Like 1

I've been buying them for 250-350, colts, MP5's etc.   I'd offer 325 shipped for this one.  These were made before beta mags were available in various configurations and then multiple copies were made for a limited market place.  If I recall there was a "correct" case for the M11, but this just isn't it. 

24 minutes ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

I've been buying them for 250-350, colts, MP5's etc.   I'd offer 325 shipped for this one.  These were made before beta mags were available in various configurations and then multiple copies were made for a limited market place.  If I recall there was a "correct" case for the M11, but this just isn't it. 

You have a beta mag for the M11/9?

This case was confirmed by C&S when I called them as the case they offered with the drum. Also, there were a lot of drums made for the mp5 ect. But only about 100 for the m11. And as far as I'm aware there is no beta mag for the m11. These are very rare and harder to come by. 

• Like 1

The case you have is not the proper case for the C+S 11 drum.  I have one, it's black and the mag fits inside.  Bought if from John at the creek back in the day.  I've never asked him production numbers but I know he watches the forum and is probably laughing.

Betaco did not make a drum specific to the M11 but there were folks making new feed towers that work.  No one recently that I know of since there are other Suomi drum styles out there.   Google it, they exist even though Betaco would not produce them when offered the opportunity. 

I'm still interested in the drum for sale, but my offer is not forever.  There are plenty of towers and stick mags so I don't think "rare" would be the case here, but I'm always up for a good sales pitch:D

Fact is on second glance the drum you have does not look like a C+S build, so I'll retract my offer.  Yours appears to be a knockoff several people tried and failed.  Your drum will not hold 72 rounds either as it appears in the picture.

Edited by johnsonlmg41
added info

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

The case you have is not the proper case for the C+S 11 drum.  I have one, it's black and the mag fits inside.  Bought if from John at the creek back in the day.  I've never asked him production numbers but I know he watches the forum and is probably laughing.

Betaco did not make a drum specific to the M11 but there were folks making new feed towers that work.  No one recently that I know of since there are other Suomi drum styles out there.   Google it, they exist even though Betaco would not produce them when offered the opportunity. 

I'm still interested in the drum for sale, but my offer is not forever.  There are plenty of towers and stick mags so I don't think "rare" would be the case here, but I'm always up for a good sales pitch:D

Fact is on second glance the drum you have does not look like a C+S build, so I'll retract my offer.  Yours appears to be a knockoff several people tried and failed.  Your drum will not hold 72 rounds either as it appears in the picture.

Yep, you're right, John probably is laughing...at you. I was also personally told "around 100" by him. I've seen two of these drums sell in the last year, for $500 and $600 respectively. 

So, you don't have a M11/9 Beta drum?..of course not, because they don't exist. Someone sticking their own tower on a Beta mag doesn't make it a Beta mag. You tried to make a point to this seller that his drum was worth less because of the advent of the Beta drums...that's was disingenuous.

And finally, if you have so much experience with these drums you should be able to plainly see that the winding mechanism is obviously turned one or two clicks. I'm going to assume the seller did this to show the dummy string. 

The reason I have the spring wound is to show the dummy rounds which shows it was C&S. I just spoke with an employee of C&S last week and he confirmed the case. So unless he was misinformed I'm going under the assumption that he's correct. If I'm misinformed I'd gladly keep the case. I don't doubt the authenticity of this drum one bit. Your offer means nothing. I don't do business with people that look to start arguments online. It a waste of everyone's time. So just move along and go bash something else you know nothing about and please leave my ad alone. I assure you I will sell this and that someone will be happy with it. Thanks for your worthless two cents. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philasteen said:

BrandonB you are correct mine is different in that regard.  

Thanks, I really did a lot of research prior to buying this drum. I really never expected people to bash me about it on here. If your interested PM me and if work out a deal with you. If you receive it and don't think it's what you paid for you can send it back. I have no doubt it's authentic and it runs like a champ. I ran it a few times without a bump at all. 

Hey you guys are welcome.  I don't like to see things misrepresented as being something they are not so I don't regard that as bashing, but to each his own.    The drums I have I bought straight from C+S, they have  correct cases, manuals, are NIB, and don't look like yours.  I was parked at the table next to him at the creek for years so I don't know anything about it at all.  No beta mags exist with M11 feed towers even though I'm friends with the guy that made them?  I call them M11 betamags, but surely that's crazy? 

9 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Hey you guys are welcome.  I don't like to see things misrepresented as being something they are not so I don't regard that as bashing, but to each his own.    The drums I have I bought straight from C+S, they have  correct cases, manuals, are NIB, and don't look like yours.  I was parked at the table next to him at the creek for years so I don't know anything about it at all.  No beta mags exist with M11 feed towers even though I'm friends with the guy that made them?  I call them M11 betamags, but surely that's crazy? 

If you have the M11/9 C&S drum please post pics and show me how the drum I am selling is incorrect or a fake so we can compare it. I'd really appreciate you backing up your claims that I'm misrepresenting this piece. And that link to m11 betamags too please. Thanks

Edited by BrandonB
Spell correction
  • Like 1

The M11 beta thing was when you were in high school unless someone else is making them now?  Or if you can find someone selling a used one? 

I recall at least 6 people knocking these off, every creek there was a new guy in the back selling their version for a lot cheaper than C+S..  Some did actually work from what I've heard.   Yours is missing another mod left out of the picture that C+S did on the M11.  Hopefully Gorgon has offered to buy your drum since he seems to be a believer?

Lemme guess you need a link and more pics because you are not convinced?

1znswgp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The green case in the first post fits the MP5 version of the C&S 72rd drum. It is exactly what I received from C&S when I bought a MP5 drum from them back in ~1994.

As several others have noted the feed tower on the M11/9 version makes it too long to fit in that case.

Edited by SamE