Telko XM - 10 - Portuguese Model

hynz57

I have inherited a Telko XM -10 from my brother. I am not a collector and would like to find a home for this rare gun. If you are interested you probably know what this gun is. If not  this is an early AR10/Armalite style semi-automatic part set that was produced on an early commercial XM10 semi-automatic receiver as produced by the TELKO N/C arms company in Miamisburg Ohio. These early commercial AR10 rifles were the forerunner of all the later full automatic and semi automatic military or Black Sporting type rifles produced and imported in the mid to late 1960s up through the late 1980s. Originally these commercial rifles were assembled or produced by using original AR10 part sets produced by the Dutch firm of "AI" on one of the current commercial lower receivers that were being produced during the early 1980s. There were two kit configurations available at this time, those produced for the Portuguese contract and the other for a Sudanese contracts, this rifle uses one of the Portuguese kits. The upper receiver is marked on the left side with a double British firing proof that consists of a "Crown/BNP" and "Crown/SP" proof next to "20T" with the lower edge marked "CAL.. 7,65mm, NATO-007521" with "XM10" marked on the lower right magazine well. This rifle has the original brown plastic stock, pistol grip and hand guards. This rifle is complete with three original "Armalite" marked "waffle" pattern magazines and a black nylon sling. 

The riflings look good. The gun was professionally cleaned and has only been shot a few times since. I know what the gun is worth and would like a "fair" price. If you are interested and would like to discuss the gun, please email me and we can arrange a call. I am happy to email pictures. 

Hello Mr H57:

I will pay a fair price for this rifle if you let me know what you think it is, and the gun is in good shape.

Particularly, are there any cracks in the lower? The bolt hold open catch walls have been known to be prone to cracks/breakage.  Is furniture original?

Please send pics of the gun, lower, internals and asking price to: we.pow1919@gmail.com

Thanks for the boards Mr. Albert and assoc.

BPinFL

Sorry I did not post the price. I have been told by a few people and a fair price is $4000. I will throw in the ArmaLite AR10 book I bought to learn about the gun. It cost me $80. The condition of this gun is better than others I have seen sell for the same price. If you would like to ask questions or discuss please email me and I will reply with my phone number. Thanks.

for you folks not up to snuff about these after market receivers built to accept the original stoner designed AR10 parts kits, MAJOR mistakes were made in the description about origin. its easy enough to do when trying to type out a post, I'm guilty of a few myself.  because all most ALL of the AR10's being dealer samples and only available to  the few class 3 dealers at the time, the complete guns had a low value and were indeed hard to sell. in fact one of the toughest samples for us to sell at the time , as it had almost no historical value to anyone and there were so many. they were broken down to unrestricted parts kits in an attempt to move them.  several times we were offered one "free" as an extra incentive to buy other multiple "dealer samples"  then a few enterprising folks. reverse engineered the lower lacking the select fire ability. its possible some of them offered complete guns , but we only encountered stripped lowers by themselves and built a bunch for our own use. NO semi's were produced before the FAIRCHILD guns were built as stated in the post  because original guns and support were the ONLY source for all the parts. I got a ton of parts from the project at FAIRCHILD from employees  that brought them to the Pomona great western shows to trade for ammo to test guns. they claimed company budget restraints did not meet the actual need and to have the ok to dispose of things not to spec or with design's not in the final contracts. this included a lot of one off type uppers and operating systems.    ALL IN ALL ? a very rare offering in todays market and plus in any assault rifle collection. just trying to keep the facts right from my experience's

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about this rifle. I found a buyer that plans to refurbish it to original condition. I apologize for posting this just prior to vacation that prevented me from timely responses.