Fraud Alert!!!!

To all,

We are re-posting the below message because someone has been scammed by someone impersonating us.  In short, we do not send out unsolicited emails and never ask for payment to be sent to anyone but us at our premise address in Dayton, Ohio.  ALWAYS feel free to pick up the phone and verify who you are talking with.  We live in an age of scammers and we want you to call us before sending out any money! You can can call me direct at (937) 470-7466. 

Please note that someone is trying to impersonate Inverse Inc. buy using an email similar to ours.  This scammer emails you once you publicly post your contact information under our ad(s) or the ads of others selling on this site.  The fictitious email being used in our case is inversefiream@gmail.com.  Our legitimate email is inversefirearms@gmail.com.  They are very similar but different; note the missing "s" in "firearms".  Please be careful with all your transactions and make sure the person corresponding with you is who you think they are by verifying emails, addresses, phone numbers, etc..  Make sure the email used to send you information is from the person you think you are dealing with.

We ask that you do not post under our ads, please just contact us directly.  

Thanks,

Trent Warncke, President

Inverse Firearms

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bottom line, it is not a good idea to post your e-mail address in a reply to an ad.  Here are some reasons:

• It signals your intent to a potential scammer - They know exactly what you want, and where to send you their request for payment
  • They may appear to have a similar address to the person who posted the ad...Just think about how easy it is to get a free, customized e-mail address - This can be done anywhere in the world
  • It's poor etiquette...You should be reaching out to the seller, not asking them to contact you
  • You should contact the seller using the PM feature, or through their e-mail address directly, without posting your e-mail in a reply to their original ad for all to see

A buyer should always speak to the seller.  Vet them out.  Be appropriately cautious before you send out hundreds, or thousands of dollars.  Never wire money...Never, ever.  Do not send funds via Moneygram.  Once you speak to the person, and are comfortable that they do not appear to be a scammer, check their address and contact information.  Check their FFL address against the ATF database.  Check their address on Google Street View, and see if it appears valid.  Visit them, and see the gun in person, especially if it's very expensive.  If the deal is too good, or anything doesn't feel right, walk away.  Don't get greedy.  If the deal is too good, there's a problem.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Scammer and Fraud. Called this person out twice now and trusted my instincts.Sturm Name: Reese and the E-mail address is:

derekrjason21@gmail.com

Name: Derek R Jason

Google Voice Number:  +1 (856) 887-3891

Trying to sell a Colt 1921 that is not his. Claims to be from Michigan area. Message me for the serial number and I have pictures.

Edited by mbc230

• 6 months later...

Just got an email from Michael Freeman and did a simple Google search and two sellers advised he's a scammer. I asked for his phone number and he gave me 405-358-7607 but said he can't talk he's speaking impaired.  

Freeman Michael <mclfreeman65@gmail.com>

2:06 PM (42 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to sales
cleardot.gif

Hello, I have a M3 Tripod I want to sell, I’d appreciate a response if you’re still interested.  You should have no worries mate, my number is 405-358-7607, but I have speaking impairment so I can’t actually speak but attached is my identity card just in case you need it, thanks
I’m asking $1000+ shipping fee for it.
Thanks.

unnamed.jpeg

3c5d1fbb-4ce4-473a-97f0-6b5c8e16b5ad.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
FYI I had person responded that they had the barrel I needed.  I sent them the funds then they disappeared of the planet.  Here is the asshole to avoid.  davidchristopher@onmail.com.  He posed as an FFL/SOT 

Greetings Alan,

I'll take $150 shipped for the barrel and front site. What's the shipping information?

Thanks, David
FFL/SOT

On 12/19/2022 at 12:37 PM, MachineGunTours said:
FYI I had person responded that they had the barrel I needed.  I sent them the funds then they disappeared of the planet.  Here is the asshole to avoid.  davidchristopher@onmail.com.  He posed as an FFL/SOT 

Greetings Alan,

I'll take $150 shipped for the barrel and front site. What's the shipping information?

Thanks, David
FFL/SOT

You should post their email and address so in case they don't call themselves David..

• 1 month later...

Fraud scammer.  Member voudr3w

Using Armlist.com photos from years ago, across the country as his magazines to sell. I did a reverse photo searcg.  Also wants payment to be sent to random zelle account.

I don't think this is actually a Karl Edwin Harrar but identify theft.  I reached out to the real Karl and will report back.

Email he used are tbarkerjr7777@yahoo.com

and edharrark@yahoo.com

54(1).thumb.jpg.3f4475f3c6054787cb2ef729ed419b94.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got scammed by a guy that identified himself as James Brown. First number he used was 210-764-9345 and its a Google number. Tried to zelle him money at that number and he txted me to say that was the wrong number and gave number 305-785-2017 and the address of 2730 Stanwwod Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32207 and email bpinfl@protonmail.com. This was for an H&K 4 conversion kit from BP in Florida and somehow he was able to intercept the messages on the board and contact me. He took me for $1000. He has a bank account to receive the money and he must be a dumb mother to use it as it is discoverable and I will find him. Any info on this contact me by txt please 702-883-6340. 

Edited by Ike Ziros

3 hours ago, Ike Ziros said:

….. somehow he was able to intercept the messages on the board and contact me…..

You posted your email in your surefire WTS post …. He searched your name/ posts  …. Saw your email address …. then contacted you with a faked email address that appeared to be from BP …. 

7 hours ago, Buddy H said:

You posted your email in your surefire WTS post …. He searched your name/ posts  …. Saw your email address …. then contacted you with a faked email address that appeared to be from BP …. 

Yeah Buddy I kinda figured that out. Thanks for the update. 

• 1 month later...

Ike

On 4/2/2023 at 12:23 PM, Ike Ziros said:

Yeah Buddy I kinda figured that out. Thanks for the update. 

Ike, same thing happened to me.  Didn't send him any money, but the scammer got my email address and that's how it all got started. 

Best policy is to never publicly post your email address whether you're a buyer or a seller.  Initial communication should be through IM -- it adds one more layer protection .   

• 2 months later...

Booger117 has a Vector Uzi and 22 kit forsale on here.  The 22 kit photos are from a 3 month old gunbroker.com listing from user booger740. He has the city and state of Jim Thorpe, PA listed on here and matches gunbroker user name address but the name and address to send payment to is

Hunt Jonathan Eric (odd)

497 Lucy ST 

Akron, Ohio 44306 

That property is valued at less than $40,000.  Also odd, definitely a rough part of town.  

The phone number he texted me on is a 224-541-0823 which is an Illinois area code.  Not adding up.  I asked him to send me a picture of the back of the bolt to confirm he’s actually in possession of the 22 kit.  Only wants paypal or Money order.  No certified check. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Scammer:  +1 (551) 775-0326 

boredtodeath on Taxswap

paypal addresses:

Luz Londono hierbinfo@gmail.com

Gloria Vera : gloriamvera14@hotmail.com

Got me for almost $2000. Insists on sending F&F and sends fake tracking numbers showing a label has been created, then disappears. Responds to WTB adds.