Hotchkiss Mountain Gun 1.65 Information

Hello, I am a new member. I have visited this site often the last 3 years. I wanted to know if anyone knows the market on the Hotchkiss Mountain Gun? I know it's a little out there. The typical google and hunting gives a little info but if anyone has a good source I would be greatful.

i have been down to Knob Creek and seen that one shoot. If anyone knows of somebody in the Michigan area that has one, please let me know.

Thanks, Matt

Michigan

Edited by Labanaktis

• 1 month later...

There was an article written in Gun Digest about the Hotchkiss Mountain Howitzer long ago, either late 70's, or early 80's. I remember reading it, and being fascinated.  I will see if I can find it, but no promises.  I'm not sure if I have it, or not.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I shot (OK I pulled the string) the one at the creek.  It was an interesting experience and I found out right there I prefer the interaction of a shoulder fired gun to artillery.  It is however an awesome collector piece I wouldn't mind having sitting next to a gattling in the living room if I had spare cash laying around.  Very compact and portable vs. large pieces.  I don't recall  who owns it or where he was from, but the guy was nice and generous in allowing us the experience.   Out of curiosity I did ask others around about the  pricing on them and if I recall I was told 20's to 30's depending on the usual factors.  I was told there are others around and that's not the only one, but not many overall.  That about exhausts my thimble of knowledge on that.  Certainly someone here knows the owner and runs in the artillery circles and has much better info and will hopefully chime in. HTH