Reviews,thoughts, or opinions on GHOSTGUNNER?

motorcycling951

I'm thinking about buying one of the GHOSTGUNNER machines. They :)supposedly can finish receivers in no time and very correctly too, at least for building AR rifles and pistols. I guess the newest version is called the GHOSTGUNNER II. The only downside is that it costs $1500.00. Fifteen hundred bucks ain't peanuts, at least not for me anyway.  I will use it probably alot, as it's also able to be programmed to finish other types of receivers and pistol frames too. :D

Anyway, what do you guys think of that machine? :P. Thoughts, opinions anyone?

they were there displaying it and selling them as well as 80% lowers.   I don't know if they were selling them outright or just taking orders there, but they had a lot of interest. Cool concept and has potential for other things, but I buy AR lowers for $30 delivered to my door, finished and anodized, so it would be about 62 lowers before I'd break even, and then I'd have to anodize them.    I suppose if I lived in CA I'd have one in my basement since everything will be banned there shortly and I could whip them up in a SHTF scenario, but it's a bit of a hard sell at the moment.  When the bending and welding machine comes out for MP5's I'm all in.

The next logical step is to ITAR home builders to death.  Somethings brewing, just not sure what yet.

As expected, they were very upbeat about it. It was also fun to hear the young lady at the table with her British accent extolling the 2A amendment virtues of the device to the crowd in Kentucky. A little surreal. They were making a lot of chips! One of the interesting things they talked about was the need to run the lowers in the white. Apparently, the anodizing process is inconsistent enough so that surface thickness of the finish will affect tolerance of the device, producing less than ideal results.

Am I wrong or are not these the same folks at the creek last year with all the fast fire AR triggers ? None were available , had an excellent approach and all the right words they just wanted your money  until they were done. I spent quite some time at the table and after no sale, they sic'd the girl with the brit accent on me, as she was the "in house expert".  They had several GIMMICK'S on the line at the time , AR receivers at home, several diff triggers and a LOT to say about post ban opportunity in the future.. IF SO BEWARE