Potential Scam Accounts

aalbert

• 3 weeks later...

Scammer

nelsonnmatt010@gmail.com

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 2:29 PM Nelson Matt <nelsonnmatt010@gmail.com> wrote:
Galil SAR with 1 35rd magazine for sale at $1100. These are built  with a brand new Tortort Receiver. we use brand new Barrels that are some of the best we can find. used a American Trigger group. So this is 922R Compliant with any magazines that you want.  The rest of the gun  original Israeli parts were used. This is about as close as most of us will get to a real full auto SAR. You may see a little wear on the plastic as there are as i received them. we have added the original Hebrew markings with the Laser Engraver. we built a small run of these and being that the kits are so hard to find now . This will come with a full one year warranty. These are test fired on the range a magazine each to make sure there is no problems.i take venmo, cashapp, zelle.

Southern Tactical.jpg

Southern Tactical 2.jpg

Southern Tactical 3.jpg

Southern Tactical 4.jpg

On 1/3/2023 at 8:09 AM, Contender said:

Scammer wants my FFL and SOT after seeing my email.

“ mindcrime” is the name on email.

real email address is:

dehunterarmsllc@gmail.com

this person is NOT legit!

Was reached out to by a user on CMP FORUMS and the email came from dehuntermsllc@gmail.com. Name on the email was Thomas Hunter....username was "Goodalan" or something. And it was a newer account from October and no post history that I could find.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Robert Twiggs"

Sent me an email from 5t1k1540@gmail.com in my response (to the post below on Sturm) that I would buy the gun:  

Notice the scammer has an email very similar to the legitimate seller's Sturm handle! 

The scammer wanted me to wire the funds to:

Name: Mary Jane Moffitt
Routing number: 273974730
Account Number: 13761
Bank name: Employee Credit Union
Bank Address: 2714 Central Ave Estherville, IA, 51334.
Client address: 809 East 18th Street Spencer IA 51301.

However, the scammer refused to provide additional photos of the gun or to speak with me on the phone!

I spoke with the legitimate seller Marty (Sturm and Gunbroker handle 5T1K1054) for over 2 hours on the phone yesterday regarding this matter and I believe him to be the real deal and a stand up guy.

Nevertheless, vet every seller and do all of these things BEFORE sending any seller a dime:

1) Ask for additional specific photos as proof of life (like a Post-it note with today's date next to the gun's serial number).

2) Ask to see an unredacted copy of the ATF Form 3 or 4.

3) Speak with the seller on the phone.

4) Offer to fly, drive or meet the seller to see the gun in person.

If the seller balks or refuses to provide said requested info above then walk away!

Also, I like sending bank cashier's checks rather than wiring money.  A stop payment can be put on a bank check but once the money is wired - IT IS GONE!  You are not getting it back!

This matter was also called to the attention of Sturmgewehr Board Supervisor David Albert who also vetted Marty.

David suggested that I post this here.

David -- thank you and WATCH OUT GUYS - these scammers are out there!!!

Edited by maxfaxdude

Thanks maxfaxdude-

Y'all, if you are buying from me, I'm happy to prove to your satisfaction that I have what I say and will follow through on my word.  Case in point, Maxfax dude was No.2 to say he wanted it, but I followed board etiquette and sold to the first buyer.  That buyer reached out after this to ask for a proof of life pic.  Too easy- he had it as soon as I got home.  He had a pic of the 28 and something we discussed on a previous call, but I did not publicly disclose to others so the scammer couldn't have replicated it.  Suffice to say, he's satisfied.  

To add on to maxfaxdude's account, Dane Ramsey (daneramsey@aol.com) replied to my AR18 ad that he would take it.  We went back and forth a few times.  He never called even after I gave him my contact info in an email.  He asked if it was OK to overnight the funds (without speaking to me- Seriously who would do that???)

He kept asking for my FFL and SOT.  Joke's on him at this point.  That's the one thing I can't produce BECAUSE I DON"T HAVE ONE!!!  Now he's gone in the wind.  I'm sure it's the same guy working both sides of the fence.

Edited by 5T1K1054

• 1 month later...

PLEASE REPORT USER s1gran TO SITE MODS. 

User replied to my WTB post and when I asked for his info to verify, he provided me with a copy of “his” FFL and photo of “his” drivers license. 

He’s using the name and FFL license of Jon Caviola who runs Eastwoods Arms in Connecticut and the email addresses jon.caviola@yahoo.com and anducnurjvepax@hotmail.com along with the phone number (719) 315-0964.

I reached out to the actual Jon Caviola via the contact info posted on the Eastwoods Arms site and he confirmed that this is a scam and that someone’s been using using his name + FFL to steal money from users on various forums. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was scammed by a hacker on some MP40 parts, out $500.  I thought I was dealing with hunterarmsllc1@gmail.com, sent the money via PayPal, and realized 3 days later it wasn't legit.  The money went to 

Marque Finister
@bignutz004, so add him to the list.

I then got an email from someone offering an FBP bolt/recoil assembly for below market, did a lot of back and forth, he sent me copies of his ID, C&R license, etc. but I asked for a phone call.  Got a call from Idaho but his ID showed MA address.  The accent was so thick I couldn't understand much at all (middle eastern) so I hung up.  collectorcouture@gmail.com is the email he's using but the photo on the ID's doesn't match his accent. Thomas M. Couture is the name, but it's likely legit and all the ID has been stolen.

THIRD one, in searching for a good S&W 76 I found the site JCS gun shop in Iowa City, really nice looking website, but all their transferrable guns are well below market price, and they offer a 30% discount for crypto payment, and 10% off for PayPal F&F.  A quick search shows lots of complaints, so it has to be a scam too.  The title on the HTML is murdocksguns.com. 

Add 'em to the list. 

42 minutes ago, Bill in Bama said:

I was scammed by a hacker on some MP40 parts, out $500.  I thought I was dealing with hunterarmsllc1@gmail.com, sent the money via PayPal, and realized 3 days later it wasn't legit.  The money went to 

......they offer a 30% discount for crypto payment

Yeah that's gonna be a hard pass

Edited by GunsCarsPlanes

JUST HAD A SCAMMER CONTACT ME AGAIN...

AOLgnvtmh3-J66T0i0A6VywA_3_LYj-uhH9QLSPSJH2rUcdKZUtq602BjI4Jsz10xo0_=s40-p

Midwest Distributors <Midwestdistributors@hotmail.com>

May 22, 2023, 10:38 PM (18 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Greetings sir,

My apologies for the delay response, just checking in regarding the M-11 9mm. We're actually open to a dealer pricing, but I'm starting to receive competitive offers. How does 10,500 shipped and insured sounds sir? This will transfer to your FFL/SOT dealer on an ATF e-form 3, Let me know.

Thank You,

Midwest Distributors

On 5/18/2023 at 6:10 AM, Bill in Bama said:

Marque Finister
@bignutz004, so add him to the list.

I then got an email from someone offering an FBP bolt/recoil assembly for below market, did a lot of back and forth, he sent me copies of his ID, C&R license, etc. but I asked for a phone call.  Got a call from Idaho but his ID showed MA address.  The accent was so thick I couldn't understand much at all (middle eastern) so I hung up.  collectorcouture@gmail.com is the email he's using but the photo on the ID's doesn't match his accent. Thomas M. Couture is the name, but it's likely legit and all the ID has been stolen.

THIRD one, in searching for a good S&W 76 I found the site JCS gun shop in Iowa City, really nice looking website, but all their transferrable guns are well below market price, and they offer a 30% discount for crypto payment, and 10% off for PayPal F&F.  A quick search shows lots of complaints, so it has to be a scam too.  The title on the HTML is murdocksguns.com. 

Add 'em to the list. 

I got emailed out of the blue by collectorcouture@gmail.com for my WTB ad... Never posted my email.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:12 PM, winterstick said:

I got emailed out of the blue by collectorcouture@gmail.com for my WTB ad... Never posted my email.

Yeah, that's the guy, I'm still kicking myself for falling for this one.  Greed does stupid things to you if you're not careful.

• 4 weeks later...

I have communicated thru messages on strum and tel # in a strum message with Kentuckyguy  agreed to buy M10 and when asked for a form 4 I was sent an application unapproved.  When I asked for the one with stamp I was sent form 4 that the stamp was see thru and not marked, and other issues?    

• 1 month later...

Booger117 has a Vector Uzi and 22 kit forsale on here.  The 22 kit photos are from a 3 month old gunbroker.com listing from user booger740. He has the city and state of Jim Thorpe, PA listed on here and matches gunbroker user name address but the name and address to send payment to is

Hunt Jonathan Eric (odd)

497 Lucy ST 

Akron, Ohio 44306 

That property is valued at less than $40,000.  Also odd, definitely a rough part of town.  

The phone number he texted me on is a 224-541-0823 which is an Illinois area code. Toneitup confirmed that’s a fraudulent number as well.  Not adding up.  I asked him to send me a picture of the back of the bolt to confirm he’s actually in possession of the 22 kit.  Only wants paypal or Money order.  No certified check. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 11:12 PM, winterstick said:

He’s at it again. Replied to my wtb add. Stole pics from this old add for bait. He’s even claiming he’s the victim of being impersonated  

Edited by Jtm35a2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Someone posing as Shallnotbeinfringedllc is going through his FS posts and answering with payment options. I should have caught it, but didn't before sending funds. The bad/scam email is live4allnfa@gmail.com and the cloned account here on Sturm was opened on Nov 14th 2023.