Who has Hk21 barrels?

Michael’s Machines

Beltfed Precision

Neither are 21 spec. MM’s are a hybrid of 21E extractor cut with 21 barrel safety pin. BPP are full 21E spec.

Edited by JoshNC

RCM is getting ready to produce a run, due to the influx of parts kits. Other than that, I have seen a couple here and there for $2K each on HK PRO…. OUCH..

Edited by GMANINGA

7 hours ago, JECIII said:

I will let the person speak up if they want who.  

they need a lathe first, but he can do it. he doesn't do discussions on the this board

Ive got another project to hopefully help him outB|

So I got one of these 21 kits too. What "e" parts and functionality are adoptable as one builds it out?  I read the "e" series has a 1" longer receiver, but I suspect they were talking about that the common "e" receiver being 1" longer than the 23.  I don't know. So is the receiver just a g3 receiver or something longer? 

Edited by Gaujo

10 hours ago, Gaujo said:

So I got one of these 21 kits too. What "e" parts and functionality are adoptable as one builds it out?  I read the "e" series has a 1" longer receiver, but I suspect they were talking about that the common "e" receiver being 1" longer than the 23.  I don't know. So is the receiver just a g3 receiver or something longer? 

21's and 21E are pretty much completely different guns.  You could put a 21E butt stock on a 21, but other than that, nothing else could be used without substantial modification.   Rear sight probably fits and the bipod, but they would not necessarily be correct....depending.  Scopes don't fit, and gun mount points are different as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gaujo said:

These kits are the old basic 21 that was made in the 60's. They didnt make a 23 until the E series came out alongside the 21E. The 23 and 21E (same receiver) can interchange feed mechanisms and barrels to shoot different respective calibers obviously but like was said above, they are different guns all together. Its basically the G3 receiver. The existing transferable 21's etc that we have had for years were built using HK91 receivers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gaujo said:

Most of us are using the PTR91 receivers from Sarco.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...