C&R NFA transfer

MN1919

If i got C&R in my name (Can't get FFL03 in trust name) and i need to transfer C&R MG to me. Does it go Form 4 to my C&R first, $200 and 11 months of wait then the same to my trust after that?

Edited by daefash

22 hours ago, daefash said:

If i got C&R in my name (Can't get FFL03 in trust name) and i need to transfer C&R MG to me. Does it go Form 4 to my C&R first, $200 and 11 months of wait then the same to my trust after that?

Yes, exactly.  One problem though.  Transfers to a C&R are slow, just like a transfer to a trust.  So why not transfer directly to the trust and save 11 months.

I have a C&R and have strategically transferred a MG first to a nearly SOT because it would only take several weeks.  After that the transfer to my C&R was done taking 11-12 months.  The idea was to get it in friendly hands asap.  All kinds of catastrophes can happen with a far away seller.  (death, dementia, divorce, bankruptcy, imprisonment, insanity, ...)

Edited by HHollow
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HHollow said:

The idea was to get it in friendly hands asap.  All kinds of catastrophes can happen with a far away seller.  (death, dementia, divorce, bankruptcy, imprisonment, insanity, ...)

100% what I've been doing as well.

I trust my local dealer, whom I've known well for nearly 20 years, versus some random guy half a country away. Much easier to deal with a local issue (lawyer, police, etc).