Possible scam going on?

I received a text from someone wanting to buy pkm barrels from me. they bought two barrels and sent paypal friends and family. Their texting was very weird so I called the number and the lady who answered had no clue about the items and just said she wanted them for her collection and got defensive about why I was asking questions

I have the money in my account and it was sent as gift? could they possibly dispute the item after its shipped? everything seems weird about the transaction

Mike

It does seem pretty strange. 

Personally, I'd refund the money and block contact. 

The more I think about it, the stranger it seems. I don't know what the end game is, but I doubt it's innocent. Why would somebody want PKM barrels for their "collection" if they don't even know what they are? There has to be more to it. I'd be cautious of refunding the money, contacting PayPal, or communicating with this gal. 

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

Watch out. Paypal will reverse any charge where they might be at risk for fraud (not you).  They will suck the money out your your account faster than a keno girl.  Example: if paypal suspects a stolen credit card was used...

I happened to me.  I got paid via FF and 20 hours later the money was gone.  The credit card was kosher but paypal was nervous.

Edited by HHollow

If paid with CC on PayPal friends and family they can dispute and charges will be refunded quickly. We are basically back to the days of PMO and Certified Bank checks/or personal check wait 

I agreed to buy a title 1 semi host from a guy in Tampa (50 mins north of me).  He insisted on me paypaling him first.  I told him I would just give him cash when I picked up.  Nothing after that.  I think 90% of armslist are scams.

I gave up on PayPal and Venmo years ago, way to many ways that scammers can get you - both on the buying and selling side - fake tracking numbers, similar items, fake return addresses, etc.

I've been using Zelle lately. I could be wrong, but doesn't really seem like any way to have the funds taken from you once they hit your bank account.

It's not 100% foolproof, but I don't keep any balance in my Paypal account.  As soon as I receive funds from someone, I pay the extra fee to have it transferred to my bank account immediately.  I do actually prefer Zelle for electronic payments.