How do I get a copy of a lost Form 4?

BPinFL

My elderly father has misplaced the Form4 for a Ceiner integrally suppressed .22 rifle he got back in the 1980's.

The dealer he got it from is long gone. What do you guys think is the best way to proceed?  Thanks for the Board! BP

You can email an attached letter requesting a certified copy of the tax stamp. Include the: serial #, Manufacturer, Model, Caliber, Type. State that the original tax stamp was lost, and all efforts have been exhausted to recover. Also sign the letter by hand (scan for attachment), digital signatures will be refused. You should receive a confirmation email stating an approx. 45-day processing time. Note, the certified copy will be an embossed paper and not an original tax stamp.

Email: NFAFax@atf.gov 

• 3 weeks later...

There is a number you fax the request for the certified copy of the ATF copy. If you haven’t found it in a few days, I will look and see what if I kept the number. I had do this when a private party my MG F4 got lost in the mail after approval. Despite what anyone says, the registered owner can request as copy as early as the day the form is approved and if the applicant copy turns up, it is also still valid. In my case it never did, but your results may vary. 
Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey