FN FAL G series for sale on semi auto board

BORE Shohola PA

It's $17k for a semi-auto. You can get a nice pre-sample for that kind of money.
And what's up with the handguard retainer? It looks badly pitted and refinished. I don't think it would have come out of FN looking like that.

I think if there are over 1800 brought in, the term "rare" is nowhere near accurate.  200 scarce, less than 50 rare, but I could be persuaded less is more appropriate?

Semi battle rifles are the "in thing" currently for sure.  I always wonder if the guys buying live in a state where you can't get MG's, or don't know you can buy them? 

The Famas has a unique look, semi FAL's all look the same to me, other than furniture and flash hider differences? 

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

I think if there are over 1800 brought in, the term "rare" is nowhere near accurate.  200 scarce, less than 50 rare, but I could be persuaded less is more appropriate?

Semi battle rifles are the "in thing" currently for sure.  I always wonder if the guys buying live in a state where you can't get MG's, or don't know you can buy them? 

The Famas has a unique look, semi FAL's all look the same to me, other than furniture and flash hider differences? 

They are scarce because most become full autos. So to find one thats still in semi auto is not very common. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

FN guys who spend thousands on them would disagree- but I see your point. They made 500 Singer 1911s and those are considered pretty rare. 

Edited by Stoner63A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A friend has one of the first 7 brought into the country with a Letter from John Browning, no flash hider G5xx This was bought new from browning in 1959-60 and he has the original letters to back up the rifle. This is rare. Enclosed is a pic, yes there is rubber on the handle to keep it from scratching the rifle, it has a yellow box with it.

DSC07559111.JPG

Edited by tal35

This one I posted a pic of does not have the s/n on the lower by the selector, but it was one of the original first 6 or 7 that came in in 1959-60 . There could have been many things done between the range of s/n that came in on the G series, maybe even 7.62 vs 308 markings.  The one above does not even have a flash hider from the first ones that came in.

On 7/26/2023 at 10:26 PM, tal35 said:

A friend has one of the first 7 brought into the country with a Letter from John Browning, no flash hider G5xx This was bought new from browning in 1959-60 and he has the original letters to back up the rifle. This is rare. Enclosed is a pic, yes there is rubber on the handle to keep it from scratching the rifle, it has a yellow box with it.

DSC07559111.JPG

Letter from John Browning, didn’t he die in 1926???

- John Val Browning died peacefully on 18 March 2003 at the age of 77, after a short illness, bravely borne, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

He was the son of Val Allen and Ann Chaffin Browning of Ogden, and grew up and lived in Ogden, Utah and Liege, Belgium. He had two careers: first as president of Browning Arms Company and, after that company was sold, as co-founder and director of Southern Pacific Petroleum, a pioneer in developing shale oil. He was married firstly in 1949 to Geraldine Ossman of Salt Lake City. That marriage ended in divorce in 1963. He then married, in 1967, Carol Conroy of Ogden. He is survived by his wife, their two children, Rete Conroy and Celine Carol, and the son of his first marriage, John