Favorite Machinegun Targets?

spall

I have a few acres of property with a good backstop that I've shot on for years. It's slightly treacherous to scale, as it goes down into a ravine, so I like to make my trips down count... steel has been the preference for that.

I have a few spinners, small gongs, and a plywood frame set up, but I'd like to add a couple of targets intended for full auto. For now, that's the 1928A1. Falling targets or anything prone to sending quick successive shots at random trajectories are off the table.

Other than old appliances and cars full of tannerite (no), what are your favorite targets for full auto?

Thanks for the input!

I'll probably steer away from ground targets here (recall treacherous ground going into ravine), but may pick up a couple 18x30 silhouettes in 3/8 AR500.

Any feelings about preferred distance for larger silhouettes?

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order, pumpkins, old satellite dishes, milk jugs/plastic bottles (avoid glass for the mess), politician's yard signs (any party, if you leave them on my land without permission), 12" gong, man size silhouettes, woodchucks and other critters bothering our livestock. 

I prefer biodegradable reactive targets.  Here in Florida we have many sour orange and grapefruit trees which provide various sized targets year round.

In the fall I use volunteer pumpkins from the prior year.  Cut a small plug in the top, fill with water, and you better be at least 20 yards away when shooting them with rifle calibers because they will shower seeds and matter that far!  No clean up, and the pumpkin seeds will sprout and grow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...