Stemple / BRP STG 1928 w/ loose stock need advice

12 hours ago, Double Tap Firearms said:

Hello, is that the removable buttstock? They all wiggle back and forth like that. As far as I know everyone I had did. The original m1a's were fixed and did not. Hope that helps

I've had several 1928's that weren't this bad.  It's a lot of wiggle.  I put a thin feeler gauge between the stock and lower and it took care of it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 10:54 PM, Mr.Maim said:

Mine does the same thing. Annoys the heck out of me considering how tight the tolerances for everything else on the gun. Looks like I'll be steeling a feeler gauge from one of my setsl O.o

It works although it is very hokey to have to do this to a 14K gun.  

26 minutes ago, Rebel Rifle Ordnance LLC said:

It works although it is very hokey to have to do this to a 14K gun.  

I agree completely. I was considering buying a few surplus 1928 buttstock slides and find one that fits but they are no longer readily available and when they pop up the sellers are typically asking more than I am willing to pay for a part that may be no better - or worse - than the part I am looking to replace.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, spall said:

https://lcgnm.com/product/stock-slide/

Might try this? I wonder if they'd do a run to a different spec if requested.

I sent Tom an email and he suggested shimming as others have.  I did and wobble is gone but I wish someone made the slide lock with different tolerances.  That would be a little more legit than shims.

Tom Hanson <backorder@lcgnm.com>

Tue, Mar 28, 12:06 PM

You could shim the bottom of the slide. Start with paper that fits the full width and lay in shims til its not loose. then you will have a measurement of how thick. shim stock is available in various widths and thickness from McMaster Carr online.

Tom

Edited by Rebel Rifle Ordnance LLC