What I Mean When I Say "I'm Pro-Gun"

POLLC

Unfortunately ...so true, which is why I generally avoid getting into gun discussions with the general public.  I'm actually doing a project at a club range right now and a couple guys have asked me if I am a member, and I am not.  Fortunately none of them ask why so far.   They ban most of what I own or am interested in.  Like most clubs, it's a mix of trapshooters, glocks, and AR shooters.   There are some old timers with souped up .22's that are actually the best bunch I've met there, but I'd bet if I whipped out a Norrrell .22 with 50 round mags and played shoot out the star, they'd be unhappy? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 7:44 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

Unfortunately ...so true, which is why I generally avoid getting into gun discussions with the general public.  I'm actually doing a project at a club range right now and a couple guys have asked me if I am a member, and I am not.  Fortunately none of them ask why so far.   They ban most of what I own or am interested in.  Like most clubs, it's a mix of trapshooters, glocks, and AR shooters.   There are some old timers with souped up .22's that are actually the best bunch I've met there, but I'd bet if I whipped out a Norrrell .22 with 50 round mags and played shoot out the star, they'd be unhappy? 

I let my membership lapse at a local range for similar reasons. They even said I could shoot the 40mm's because they are "too big" and laughed at me at the meeting. I said it's 250fps and the police shoot the exact same guns on the exact same range. Of course the same restrictions apply to MGs as well. 

• Thanks 1