UZI +10 magazine extension

Navgunner

Full disclosure, I still need to do more testing but so far I’m impressed.

I wanted to share with our Sturm community my recent experience with a neat product from TaylorFreelance [I have zero affiliation with the manufacturer other than my purchasing experience].  This company is making + 10 mag extensions for surplus UZI mags.  They’re pricy at ~$40 each but are quality, and (to me at least) having 42 rounds available for a mag dump is worth it especially considering that the next best option is a Vector or C&S drum but those are a pain to load plus cost a fortune.  

https://taylorfreelancestore.com/uzi-smg-10-black/

816EAE64-DC1F-454B-AAFD-5CC102BF8178.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, rhouston8 said:

just bought one. will try and report.

I’m interested in hearing your thoughts. Did you end up getting the extra power spring too?  The company states that they’re not required but I went ahead and included it anyway. Loading the mags with my maglula speedloader was easy enough.

So far I’ve had no issues with ten mag dumps out of this thing.  I just wish they weren’t so expensive. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 12:26 PM, Navgunner said:

I’m interested in hearing your thoughts. Did you end up getting the extra power spring too?  The company states that they’re not required but I went ahead and included it anyway. Loading the mags with my maglula speedloader was easy enough.

So far I’ve had no issues with ten mag dumps out of this thing.  I just wish they weren’t so expensive. 

Which springs did you get? They don't specifically list a spring for the UZI extension.

4 minutes ago, Bigmike said:

Which springs did you get? They don't specifically list a spring for the UZI extension.

Yea, I was confused myself and ended up having to call the company.  The spring that you need is called "TF/Wolff Spring for +10 for Scorpion / Colt Tavor (21-coil G pattern, no small coils)"

here is a link:    TF/Wolff Spring for +10 for Scorpion / Colt Tavor (21-coil G pattern, no small coils) - Taylorfreelance (taylorfreelancestore.com)

I'm told that new springs weren't required but I was already spending so much money that it wasn't worth skimping (to me).  So far, I really like the product, and ended up placing another order (now I have ten total mags with extensions).  Five in black for supers and another five in red for subs.  My only complaint so far is that the anodizing scratches but then again, I'm just throwing mine loaded into a small range bag.   

I tried to put one of these devices  on a 32 rd magazine but there is a little flange at the bottom of the mag that prevents it from sliding all the way into place. Are there other mags from different countries that don’t have that flange, or does it require modification of the extension and/or magazine body with a Dremel tool?

9 hours ago, Christof Stehpinkler said:

I tried to put one of these devices  on a 32 rd magazine but there is a little flange at the bottom of the mag that prevents it from sliding all the way into place. Are there other mags from different countries that don’t have that flange, or does it require modification of the extension and/or magazine body with a Dremel tool?

It’s my understanding that these extensions are compatible with all surplus Uzi magazines. The only exception may be the new pro style, but someone would have to confirm that with the manufacturer.  Send me a PM with some pictures and/or your contact information and we’ll walk through it together. 

mine installed fine on a "s3 " marked german 32 rounder mag i think .

i have not replaced springs nor will unless it doesnt shoot properly.

havent had a chance to range test it yet.

yep...kinda pricy to add 10 more rounds for sure....but whatever.