damcv62 Account Hacked (account has been restored to legit seller)

GAKilo

2 minutes ago, HHollow said:

One never knows these days where and email actually comes from.  I would not jump to conclusions about who, if anybody, has been hacked.

I contacted them through GB after a PM conversation. Scammer was insisting I send immediate payment by Zelle, Venmo, or Cashapp or he would sell to the next in line. Then offered for me to pay half up front and half on receiving. Classic scam tactics to try and get you to send some money. Also...I've not met anyone on here who isn't up for a quick phone call for verification. I know they list quite a bit, so that's why I reached out through an alternate channel to confirm.

Also, take a look at the recent posts for the Garand, Mk18 upper, and Colt SBR. Posted the same pics and text 10x times to cover up my post on it being a scam account.

8 hours ago, HHollow said:

Now confused. Was it Sturm or GB ?

Sturm would be very responsive, not so much for GB.

I see now that the Sturm gods have acted.

PM through Strum, scammer was very pushing and insisted on immediate payment or would sell to someone else. Unwilling to talk on the phone or otherwise verify. The legitimate account owner posts on GB as well, so I reached out to them by asking a question on one of their items & got the response that they were compromised.

15 hours ago, HHollow said:

One never knows these days where and email actually comes from.  I would not jump to conclusions about who, if anybody, has been hacked.

No, we got hacked. 

Which makes me wonder how they did it. My username and password was old, from back before the board change. Haven’t logged into Sturm from any public devices, so don’t know where the compromise would have come from. Apple saves username and password but supposedly they are pretty secure. 

15 hours ago, GAKilo said:

I contacted them through GB after a PM conversation. Scammer was insisting I send immediate payment by Zelle, Venmo, or Cashapp or he would sell to the next in line. Then offered for me to pay half up front and half on receiving. Classic scam tactics to try and get you to send some money. Also...I've not met anyone on here who isn't up for a quick phone call for verification. I know they list quite a bit, so that's why I reached out through an alternate channel to confirm.

Also, take a look at the recent posts for the Garand, Mk18 upper, and Colt SBR. Posted the same pics and text 10x times to cover up my post on it being a scam account.

post the scammers complete payment info …… Zelle .. Venmo … Cashapp ……helps warn others 

5 hours ago, Buddy H said:

post the scammers complete payment info …… Zelle .. Venmo … Cashapp ……helps warn others 

Never got that from them, started getting suspicious before it...next time I'll ask so I can post

Edited by GAKilo

scammer has been removed and damcv62’s account access has been restored back to Donald the legit seller 

please update/edit your title to reflect this …….
new title >>>>      
damcv62 Account Hacked /  account has been restored to legit seller .

• GAKilo changed the title to damcv62 Account Hacked (account has been restored to legit seller)
38 minutes ago, Buddy H said:

scammer has been removed and damcv62’s account access has been restored back to Donald the legit seller 

please update/edit your title to reflect this …….
new title >>>>      
damcv62 Account Hacked /  account has been restored to legit seller .

Done!