Possible E Form 4 GOOF UP?

har1690

I have a transferable in jail for the past five months awaiting the ATF's approval. I just noticed on the copy my C3 dealer printed out for me that on the front of the E Form 4 under the Transferee's full name, He typed in XXXX SMITH JR. However, on the back of the E Form 4, there is/was an area for the " Transferee Necessity Statement" and Name and Title of Transferee, my name is there plus Owner. BUUUUUT There is no JR. Now I can't blame my C3 dealer even though they filled out the E Form, I proof read it. Sooo,

will the ATF catch this inconsisency in my name and reject the Eform and I'll have to start all over again? I know one can not make changes to an E file. What happens if right now I start a paper Form 4 for the same transferable? Just in case. I don't care about the $200 just the time.

GOOF UP ON MY PART?

• Thanks 1

Rob, since no one has responded to your post... I will add my 2 cents for what it's worth. I would take a wait and see approach. You may be surprised and it all works out in your favor. That said, do I know how this is going to turn out down the road... I don't know what's going to happen in 5 minutes. Well wishes to you and your family.

Regards, 

Alan

I have had some paperwork issues over the years.  Including the NFA not liking some language in my trust (actually two different occasions.). They were helpful in working with me to get the issues resolved.  I did not have to start over.  I would guess they might or might not want a correction, they should give you the time to correct.  I know everyone has different experience, mine has been nothing but positive (minus the wait time.)

In early days of non ffl efile I did a few few form 1’s. Screwed first 2 up with manufacturer (though my trust and not who actually made ar lowers). Got e-mail a few weeks later asking to clarify. Replied to email from inspector who actually made lower and I was just doing sbr. Said they would fix it and approved in a few days. Like I said years ago and form 1 but at least non ffl using efile

I’ve gone back to paper forms for this reason. I had one guy get kicked back because he didn’t put one thing on his finger print cards. Yes paper will allow you make corrections but and get it fixed. The eForms it’s approve or reject. Nothing in between. 

“I’m from the Government and I’m here to help”

Thanks for all the replies. I guess the "silver lining" in this, is that I did get an approved E Form 4 for a can recently with the same omission of JR on the reverse page and got me wondering if when one uses the online Appl. if there is no option for JR, SR so on... 

Time will tell.

• Like 1

If eforms came back within the 90 days like originally touted (which everyone knew was BS), approve/reject would not be as big an issue (still not good though). Hopefully the functionality will be added to eforms sometime soon. Another thing - a government entity can't efile a F5 yet, so those have to go paper.