Rock Island M16 on Form 3 in Ohio

Classic079

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

I was asked buy a friend to evaluate this M16 as he is Ohio and I have to ask-where are all the markings?  Make? Model? Serial number?  It looks like the lower has had all the markings machined off?  Can you explain??

Here is a picture I just took with my phone. They are hard to see. I was told buy a guy who was interested in it that these were stainless lowers and they punched the info which is why its light like that but I'm not sure how to verify its stainless. I sent pictures to the ATF last year when I got it to make sure and they said it was all good. Thanks!

image0 (4).jpeg

4 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

What’s the weight of it compared to a regular AR-15 lower? If it’s stainless, then it will be heavier than an aluminum one. 

I went and got a mail scale. I took off the stock and buffer weight/spring on both to weight them. They aren't identical but should be close enough for our purposes. 
M16 = 1.61lb
PSA = 1.46lb

image1.jpeg

image0 (5).jpeg

That is milled, not cast nor forged. 

Not sure how well the milling was done as it appears the selector detent is misaligned (in both positions in the pics, the selector isn't straight) and it appears the hammer/trigger anti rotation pin needed a little bend to fit.    None of this would prohibit running well... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long ago I had a semiauto bar stock SGW (Olyarms) lower that was machined just like that. It was model BH-15a1, SN1958.

I sent it in to Olyarms for refinishing more than 20 years ago, and after months they sent me a new lower with the same serial number instead.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...