Decline in use and sales for active firearms online forums

While you can still find active firearms online forums and perhaps even miss them if you used them back in their glory days, it's fairly clear that social media has dominated the way we talk to each other online for many years. While there's a lot to love about forums, they simply don't have the same pull they used to.

Change is something that's inevitable.

IMO change is  also not always a good thing.

Change for the sake of change is especially irritating.

Like change in cells phone models, computers, virus protection programs, societal moors.

New venture capitalists who buy out heritage firearms companies and step all over quality for profit.

Yea that kind of shit change.

Old people hate change.

I'm old people and change in just about most things, just pisses me off on so many levels.

I try to dwell on the golden years of life/firearms and forget this bullshit nonsense being foisted on us, by the Gov, NWO fascists & woke advertisers.

They say retirement years are your golden years, that's bullshit.

Nothing "golden" about being old.

Sep', maybe your pee cause you just  got another UTI!

R.L.

• Thanks 1

I grew up with forums, and I will always enjoy their formatting and flow of discussion.

FB, IG, Reddit, Discord, and Telegram (plus others) are certainly more popular with those younger than me (in their 20s), so I end up bouncing around on everything to find what I want and talk to people about the things I like.

The downside to the social media formats is finding old information. Searching and referencing important information is a challenge. Also, these hosts of the information are regularly policing and deleting content as their policies change. When someone posts something for sale too many times in a FB group the group is lost, and not retrievable, and any effort put into content creation in that group is lost. Very frustrating.

It doesn't help that many forums have search engines that are not as intuitive as a google search, frustrating impatient people and leading to a new forum member asking a common question, which gets them mocked and pushed out rather than directing them to the information. 

I think the forums are around for the long haul, I just hope they continue to be utilized and supported. 

• Thanks 1