Neil Smith M2 carbine conversion kit value?

Got Uzi

I’ve got one of these coming in on a Form 4 that I’m going to be reselling. It’s hard to get a feel for the market on these. This is a Neil Smith registered M2 carbine conversion kit with the trigger housing being the “registered” part. It’s sitting in an Inland M1 carbine with an Inland 1943 barrel. The original semi auto trigger housing is a Winchester with a Winchester hammer and a push button safety.  The carbine has the adjustable rear sight and bayonet lug. 

I’ll post some pictures of it later but for now I’m needing a ballpark number for the whole package. I’m spitballing that it would be $15k for the complete package-kit and carbine. 

I think most people will walk on by at $15k, unless your name is Ruben or Vito. 

My best guess would be around $12.5k-$14k, depending on condition. NFASales sold a kit (no host) for $10k a short while back, so it's north of that figure for sure. The question is how much further? It's difficult to tell, as there are not many for sale right now. 

Back when I was in the market for a kit, I wasn't really that keen on it coming with a host gun. I wanted to find a Carbine that fit my needs/wants. Eventually found a very nice 1944 Inland that looked like it just rolled off the assembly line. She still looks pristine six years later. I think it's the last gun I'd part with. 

-KristopherH

I was figuring $13.5k-$15k would be my range but I wanted to get a second opinion on it. I agree that some people seem to get more for whatever reason. That being said, there’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to get that too as I have a good rep too. 

26 minutes ago, Got Uzi said:

I was figuring $13.5k-$15k would be my range but I wanted to get a second opinion on it. I agree that some people seem to get more for whatever reason. That being said, there’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to get that too as I have a good rep too. 

All I know for certain is that I wouldn't part with my Norrell kit for any price at this point in time. :D 

Judging by how your original post is worded, I am assuming that this is going to transfer out on a tax paid Form 4? That is where I, a hypothetical purchaser, would try to negotiate a lower price with you. Going from you (non-FFL/SOT?) to the purchaser's dealer is going to add at least four months to the transfer process. A comparable M2 kit gun from a dealer is going to command a premium by virtue of it transferring on a Form 3, shaving time off of the already long process. A dealer like Ruben or Vito may be able to squeeze out a further premium, based on their industry reputation.

At the end of the day, it's worth what somebody is willing to pay you AND what you're willing to take. $15k (or more) is not out of the question, but you may have to sweeten the deal a bit to get that.

My opinion only (MSRP: $0.02). 

-KristopherH

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

2 hours ago, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Judging by how your original post is worded, I am assuming that this is going to transfer out on a tax paid Form 4? That is where I, a hypothetical purchaser, would try to negotiate a lower price with you. Going from you (non-FFL/SOT?) to the purchaser's dealer is going to add at least four months to the transfer process.

He's an 03/07 SOT the gun is incoming on a paper F4 but would transfer out on an eF3 to your SOT

Judging by the speed of that sale, I think it's safe to say that $15k is the new price point for an M2 Kit and host gun. For a dealer anyway. A private individual may or may not be able to get that much. 

For insurance purposes, I might have to re-evaluate the value of my collection.

-KristopherH

Edited by MontanaRenegade86