Jump to content

Can an ar pistol (bought as a pistol) be changed to a rifle (not SBR) ??


Recommended Posts

by adding a 16.5inch length upper and paperwork or letter or whatever is needed    I dont want to deal with the new brace thing by going to an SBR

thanks in advance, Regards, PeterNNH


nevermind found the answer DUH!!  



Edited by PeterNNH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes if you want to bow down to the king an his men just add 16 inch barrel you don’t have to notify any one about the change an you’ll be in compliance with the tyrannical rule that isn’t a law.  

Edited by Thumpy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chasingprecision said:

My understanding pre brace days an AR pistol has a pistol buffer tube "size and dimension different from a stock or brace" ie can't accept a stock or brace so it was a dedicated pistol only 

that was never a requirement but people believed it.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...