M2HB R W Urich side plate

Ken In VA.

I have one. Bought it around 1988. Sent it to Class Three Supply in Tennessee for assembly with a parts kit. They said the heat treated end was brittle and welded on another end. When I received the gun, I  never got it to work correctly. The trunnion is visibly not square with the side plates. That has nothing to do with the side plate. I still have the gun. I won't mention the NOS parts I sent down that wasn't installed on the gun and I never got back.

So the gun I'm looking at appears to have been build by someone who did and excellent job on it and has seen little use since the plate was transferred in 1988. Nearly mint condition with all GI parts. Ground mount which appears to me to be from a recoiless rifle or other large tripod mounted ordnance. What would a estimate be for the value of this M2HB be now days? Ideas?

Thanks

Ken

16 hours ago, JnC Manufacturing said:

Why not fix the heat treat?

Tempering would have solved the problem. I was told that this guy took the receivers 'across the street' to Ramo for riveting. I can't believe that Ramo would have riveted the trunnion/ sideplates out of square. In my opinion, the guy was a crook. I still need to get the trunnion re-riveted.