C&R NFA Transfer Question

CandRHolder

I hold an C&R FFL and have a question about inbound NFA Transfers of C&R Items.

1) If the C&R Item is over 50 years old, but not on the ATF C&R list is there any additional documentation needed when submitted a Form 4 with a C&R FFL Transferee, (to prove C&R Status);

2) Once the Form 4 is approved and the C&R NFA item is received by the C&R Licencee how does the C&R Licencee now assign the C&R NFA item to his Trust?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe

2 hours ago, CandRHolder said:

I hold an C&R FFL and have a question about inbound NFA Transfers of C&R Items.

1) If the C&R Item is over 50 years old, but not on the ATF C&R list is there any additional documentation needed when submitted a Form 4 with a C&R FFL Transferee, (to prove C&R Status);

2) Once the Form 4 is approved and the C&R NFA item is received by the C&R Licencee how does the C&R Licencee now assign the C&R NFA item to his Trust?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe

I can't answer question #1. I, too, am curious about that. 

As for #2, from everything I've read about the subject, I don't believe a trust is able to acquire a C&R License.

https://johnpierceesq.com/can-my-trust-get-a-curio-relic-ffl/

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

They'll go back to the original registration in this case and it must be 50 YO to qualify.  Or if you have ser. number production documentation it wouldn't hurt to send that along?

Trusts can't hold C+R's so all you can do is list it as an asset in the trust documents/ accounts.  If you want it specifically titled in the name of the trust, it will cost you $200, and another 200 to get it out of the trust at some point to an heir when the trust is dissolved.   HTH