Lewman Arms semiauto mp43 build in need of tlc

Docak47

I just got back my semiauto mp43 reweld build from lewman arms and was wondering if anyone is out there than can rectify some of the things here, like the internal reweld, external reweld rub marks and finish. Thanks 

20221101_181506.jpg

20221101_181518.jpg

20221102_100049.jpg

20221102_100121.jpg

20221102_100104.jpg

Edited by Docak47

yes, apparently iam asking too much and if iam really bothered by the issues, box it up and send it back without any explanation of what needs to be done. And was instructed to test fire the gun and if it fires then there is no need to be a pain.  

20221102_111826.jpg

• Docak47 changed the title to Lewman Arms semiauto mp43 build in need of tlc

That truly is bad and shows no pride in your own work only money. My advice for what it is worth find some one who does take pride it will not be cheap but in all honesty it will be better than what you have now. I see no way around refinish it could be blended but it will take a master crasftsman.

Seems to me that it might be worth your time to give Brad at Bahnhof or Mike at TSC a call.  I know you don't want HK black so not suggesting that but they have the capability and might just find it an interesting project. Bob Naess  is a good one too but I have not heard from him in awhile so not sure if he is taking work.

• Like 1

I will try folks and see what happens.

ooh I just got contacted by lewman and was told that I had asked for this in emails that I send him, not sure what part of this build that I asked for, the bolt catching on to the internals of the receiver groove, or the rusty fence grinder special.......so I have to look into this and see part part of it did I exactly ask for. 

Have to agree looks like crap.   Sure what ever his name is that made all the crap hk stuff is involved.  Looks like a coharie. Special weapons etc work.  Whatever thT clown had so many names

It's too bad when I first saw these figured they would be be great guns

You sent me 0 instructions. Literally 0. I posted the emails on Weapons Guild. You literally boxed it up and shipped it with 0 information besides your DL and a phone number. You called me as I signed for the package to discuss how you wanted the finish left as much as possible, when we discussed the welds and finish not being perfect to do so you agreed. Your issues you admit yourself are minor but have taken to 3 different forums to complain instead of sending it back with real instructions on what you want.

I also sent you a video of the gun functioning and admit you have not shot it. Here we are yet again, box it up and send it to us. You sent us a kit and in about 2.5 weeks returned your gun functioning but we would screw up minor weld dressing?

Forgive my ignorance on this one question-but how did you make this into a semi auto when you rewelded the original MG receiver?  What keeps said end user from dropping full auto parts back in it and making it into an illegal MG?  I'm still under the impression of "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" so I'm asking as I really would like to know. 

That being said, I would have issues with that leaving my shop looking like that.  You can have it right, you can have it fast, or you can have it cheap...which do you chose?  I have an HK53 build on my bench that I am working on for a client who sent me the parts to use.  Problem is...some of the parts arent any good to use.  So he and I have been back and forth on how to move forward with this build.  I am sourcing new parts to put into it so as to make it right.  I'm over my time estimate, but he and I both agree that its what'll be best in the end.  I have a feeling that there was a good deal of miscommunitcation here or a complete lack of communication.  Either way, its not a good look.

I sent him the kit in the box with a copy of my driver's license like i was instructed which he posted online. And I wrote to please call me with any questions or concerns and my phone number written on it. I didn't ask for it to be built like this, I didn't ask for that stupid extra marking that clearly any serious builder or collector would know. I didn't ask to get the gun back with the blobs of weld preventing the free movement of the action inside the receiver that he clearly knew about before he sent back to me, and as far as price, time, effort, profit etc. I have no control over that he sets the price and whether it's good or bad I have no control over that, he sent me the electronic bill and I paid him within minutes. 

19 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

Forgive my ignorance on this one question-but how did you make this into a semi auto when you rewelded the original MG receiver?  What keeps said end user from dropping full auto parts back in it and making it into an illegal MG?  I'm still under the impression of "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" so I'm asking as I really would like to know. 

That being said, I would have issues with that leaving my shop looking like that.  You can have it right, you can have it fast, or you can have it cheap...which do you chose?  I have an HK53 build on my bench that I am working on for a client who sent me the parts to use.  Problem is...some of the parts arent any good to use.  So he and I have been back and forth on how to move forward with this build.  I am sourcing new parts to put into it so as to make it right.  I'm over my time estimate, but he and I both agree that its what'll be best in the end.  I have a feeling that there was a good deal of miscommunitcation here or a complete lack of communication.  Either way, its not a good look.

Once the receiver is demilled, it's no longer a firearm ...... so the "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" is out the door.

On an MP-43/44, welding up the cutout in the receiver for the FA trip prior to rewelding the rest of the receiver prevents the installation of FA FCG components

Wow.. that's some crappy work. I would have expected better from them since they sell a MG42 jig that is pretty good.
Though my experience from me asking him about the jig I bought and he was responsive, but a tad unhelpful on clarification on some parts and helpful on others. Overall I'm happy with them on my jig.

He modified the jig to work on a 49/52 and even stated he used this jig on 49/52. but looking at the sizing, it looks short by just a tad. Another buyer had posted about it and he too found it was short also and added a spacer to get it to the right size. Not a big deal to fix.

Any case that looks like crappy work.. but reading Lewman's response, it is hard to judge. I don't think I would have left it like it is even if I was told to leave as much finish as possible, but that's me. It sounds like you both didn't understand what each other was saying or envisioning...

Edited by Ryo

I sent him the kit and provided him with my phone number, email and a copy of my driver'slicense which instead of using them to contact me he posted them online instead. He never contacted me in reguards to anything relevant to this build at all, he told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks, and while waiting to hear from him 10 days from sending the kit i received an email that its done and the invoice, for lewman to state that I asked for what I have now is a complete lie.

Everyone that have seen this, from master welders to high school students with 1 class of welding experience have stated that lewmans welding and the cleanup is nothing but an amateur and a butcher job specially his grinding skills. look closely 

20221102_111826.jpg

20221102_100152.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...