Correcting Dimensions on an approved Form 4

M38A1-Josh

Has anyone worked with the NFA branch to correct the dimensions on an approved Form 4 for an item they own such as the overall length, barrel length, and bore size? Perhaps you have a DD that has incorrect dimensions on the approved Form 4 because the previous owner measured things incorrectly. I'm just curious if you should forget it and let it be, or can you send a letter to the NFA branch requesting a correction to the Form 4 to get the paperwork re-issued with the correct dimensions. 

Edited by M38A1-Josh

In my experience they generally want photos taken with a measuring tape as reference to the dimension. I have been asked to do this with barrel and overall length a few times in the past. That being said, they asked at the time of the transfer. I didn’t solicit the change.

Dont worry about it. I'm convinced they don't give a shit except for the original paper work and serial numbers.

I tried to have a model change that was wrong in nfa database, email, pictures, and calling all to say they can't to that.

They also wont allow changes on a form 4 form a older form 4 or 3 to correct a error. If you send it in its either sent back or corrected back to the original

Long time ago I've had it sent back even though I placed the right stuff on the form. Looked at the F4 and there was an error.. but that is what they want.. the error. I don't agree with it.. but that is what they look for.