Scammed on WTB board KEVIN McCRAVEN / BRITTANY SHAE SMITH

Posted a WTB ad for a wooden MAC-11 stock.  A guy responded under the name “Kevin McRaven” with a photo of his Illinois firearms ID.  Had me send payment to his “wife”, the name for his wife was Brittany shae” according to the email address and zelle account associated with it. 

I found the real Kevin mcraven shortly after on Facebook and it’s safe to say the “Brittany shae smith” I found on Facebook associated with that email address definitely isn’t his wife.  The seller never got back to me after I sent the payment.   I got totally burned!   I should have been smarter but i really want one of those damn stocks. 

it seems that these scumbags have photos of peoples firearms ID cards somehow.  I thought it was fishy he sent it to me but I have been searching for one of the wooden MAC-11 stocks for a while now, so I took a chance.  Should have known it was BS as soon as he told me he “had it polished” a couple months ago… those buttstocks are raw wood and don’t really “polish” at all.  Live and learn.

just figured I’d warn the next person who gets a reply on the WTB board from “Kevin Mccraven”  

Edited by CobrayCollector87

Once again ….. TYPE THE SCAMMERS NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS ….. IN YOUR TITLE !!!!!
doing so HELPS guys ZERO IN FASTER on these WHALE TURDS …..

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TITLE >>>>>>>.      SCAMMMER  KEVIN McCRAVEN / BRITTANY  SHAE SMITH  ( his email address )

They have the stuff because they ask suckers to send them IDs to prove they are real.. hence they have IDs that don't belong to them.

Recommended is to do a Zoom call and have them hold it up in front of you.. but that of course only guarantees they have the item.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 8:16 AM, CB76 said:

I’m sorry you got burned.  I’d rather pass up a deal if my instinct tells me it’s too good to be true or if anything seems fishy about it.   With that said, I hope this helps.  

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/950004882

This seller is as honest as they come and has been around for a while.   

Thanks but that one is for an M10, I watch GB everyday, there IS an m11 stock on GB but the seller wants 850 bucks and is out of his mind!  Luckily my buddy found me one at the SC machine gun shoot this weekend! 

• CobrayCollector87 changed the title to Scammed on WTB board KEVIN McCRAVEN / BRITTANY SHAE SMITH
On 10/4/2022 at 2:14 AM, Ryo said:

They have the stuff because they ask suckers to send them IDs to prove they are real.. hence they have IDs that don't belong to them.

Recommended is to do a Zoom call and have them hold it up in front of you.. but that of course only guarantees they have the item.

Judging by looks of Brittany shae smith (the account I sent the money too) I don’t think these folks are in any way at all associated with the legit gun community, they are hood rat thugs.  No clue where they are getting these IDs but it sure as hell isn’t from legitimate transactions, unless this guy McCraven was buying poly80 Glocks with switches and stendos from gang members 

• 3 weeks later...

I almost got burned in a WTB ad. Typically with this rarer stuff, asking for a picture will cause them to go away/not contact you anymore. But I always ask for a picture with something specific handwritten next to it. Like "write my name and the date on a piece of paper and put it next to the item."

I've heard of scammers trying to photoshop that but it's typically noticeable. All these people do is browse WTB ads, say "I got what you need, send money to xxxxx" and how you bite. Most won't even send a picture, many have phone #s and addresses in places like NYC. 

• 2 weeks later...