Eform 4 transfers

Frank Iannamico

Yeah it seems like anything submitted after mid-Feb is pushing 200+ days now.  Word on the street is that SilencerShop dumped something like 30k F4’s all at once in mid-Feb that they had queued up/waiting since late 2021, waiting for eForms to stabilize instead of submitting on paper. 
Had one from early Feb that took 5mos, but the one submitted in the first wk of March is now at over 200 days, which seems to be the norm unfortunately right now. Even F1’s have jumped from ~3 wks in April  to anywhere between 45-80 days, ridiculous…

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:00 AM, Hiller said:

Crickets on all the form 4's i've submitted after april.

R/s, Bryan....................................

Same here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started e-filing in late March, and to date none have been approved.  I can't say I'm terribly surprised, the government is notoriously inept at setting up electronic systems and the IRS is their model.  I did have high hopes that the good folks in Martinsburg would do a better job, but I doubt they had anything to do with setting up the system.  My customers keep asking if I've heard anything and trying to get them to understand that once its "in process" there is nothing else I can do or find out about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just having a conversation with an agent yesterday about this.  He said when EForm rolled out they stopped on paper forms and put everyone on EForms. I just got my last paper form back about a month ago that took 13 months. They wanted this to be a success. Then paper got backed up and they had to clear the backlog so they did that and then it created a backlog on EForm. So now everyone is back on it and will eventually get caught up but expect around 7 months and then start to get faster.  I have EForms from May still not approved although the ones before that took 90 days or less. FWIW. 

I’d recommend on checking on your efile because I had a friend who has been waiting about 10 months he reached out to the atf an the stamp was approved 60 days after he filed for some reason they just never notified him (he Works for an ffl) an neither he or the ffl get a email. So don’t just wait unfortunately like everything this dam government touches… it’s broken an doesn’t always work.

12 hours ago, Frank Iannamico said:

I have two customer eform 4s at NINE yes 9 months WTF?

Getting to the point where the approval time for paper or eforms is no different.

I don't believe it is different.. which really SUCKS. I'm still waiting for an approval for a customer/friend.

Funny this efile system is working out damn near exactly how I predicted it would….everyone would jump on board and bog it down to the point it wouldn’t be any different than paper form 4’s….glad to see I’ve been proven right. 

On 1/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, Frank Iannamico said:

I have two customer eform 4s at NINE yes 9 months WTF?

Getting to the point where the approval time for paper or eforms is no different.

Both finally approved after 267 days, a week short of 9 months; one was approved on a Saturday the other on Sunday. 

AND I DID NOT get an email saying they were approved. I found out by checking my eforms account.

Edited by Frank Iannamico

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, G-Man1006 said:

Just had a eForm F4 approved on Sat 1/28/23 (269 days) for a C&R MP40...neither myself or my dealer received an email notification. I called NFA Branch today and was told of the approval. The whole process is just ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...