Eform 4 transfers

Frank Iannamico

I’m about to go back to filing everything via the paper Form 4 and the hell with the eForm 4. There’s hardly a difference in the wait times and I’ve been hearing of more and more eForms getting kicked back due to fingerprint issues. I had one come back because they said the fingerprint card wasn’t filled out all the way….bull$hit….it was filled out exactly like it was supposed to have been. 

I called it when all this started, 60-90 day transfer times were a pipe dream and well….here we are folks. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 8:12 AM, Got Uzi said:

I’m about to go back to filing everything via the paper Form 4 and the hell with the eForm 4. There’s hardly a difference in the wait times and I’ve been hearing of more and more eForms getting kicked back due to fingerprint issues. I had one come back because they said the fingerprint card wasn’t filled out all the way….bull$hit….it was filled out exactly like it was supposed to have been. 

I called it when all this started, 60-90 day transfer times were a pipe dream and well….here we are folks. 

I agree, my next submission will be paper. 

Our Eforms are coming back from Mid-May.  And to make matters worse, there is NO provision for corrections on this system in case of typos.  That person gets the application DENIED and we have to start over. 

We are close to going back to paper forms since the wait time is the same and we can make corrections in case of issues.

Vito

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

And everyone was so so happy with the release of the e forms system. Yep going back to 100% paper for Form 4’s. If you do t like it, go somewhere else….I don’t want to store something for nearly 2 years if there was something trivial missed…

I just got this email.  xD

280 days from submission

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED.

Edited by Dean

Just got approved! 266 days! Bought the gun in December of 2021 so it’s actually been 467 days since I paid for it… think that comes up to being about 5% of my entire life waiting on this gun  but who’s counting lol. Getting it on Saturday! Shooting on Sunday!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, M38A1-Josh said:

I've got two paper form 4s at 270 days. When they're approved does the buyer/transferee get any notification or does the paperwork just go to the seller/transferor, in this case an individual?

If it’s paper only the seller/transferor will get the papers. Efile emails both parties.

• 3 weeks later...

E-file. Two sent together. Came back same day, 30 approval difference. 1 sent in by itself came in with the other two with 5 months on approval.

No batch all individual forms filed individually. The two were both submitted 15-20 minutes of each other

You know at $200 a pop, ATF makes money on this. If they don't want to, hire a private contractor to do these. For even half of the $200 you could make serious bank. Hell I would do it. Be lazy and do ten a day, BANG $1000! They hire many different contractors to help sift information for the CIA and NSA, why not the ATF? Seems way too simple a solution.

• 3 weeks later...

i posted this in the other thread, but the atf has been doing batch approvals.  IE if you have a form 4 from aug and december and may, once they get the first background done, they approve them all. 

I think the only reason they are doing it, is to make the average look better.

Still get randoms back in under 90 days.

1 hour ago, taylorwso said:

i posted this in the other thread, but the atf has been doing batch approvals.  IE if you have a form 4 from aug and december and may, once they get the first background done, they approve them all.

Paper form 4’s or efile? I’ve had paper forms batch together but never lucky enough for efiled forms to batch.