Suppressor for m16/AM180

Dean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve got a dead air mask for dedicated .22lr  It’s a rugged heavy duty full auto user serviceable suppressor, quiet too. For 556 I use a sure fire socom RC2.  If you mean also capable of shooting 5.56 when you say M16, I would definitely recommend a user serviceable can (able to take apart for cleaning) otherwise you’ll fill that thing up with lead quickly shooting dirty .22 through it.

Edited by AZK Brock
Clarity

On 10/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Dean said:

Damn that is an expensive suppressor.

Anything KAC is expensive. They do make good stuff though (or at least I appreciate the KAC stuff I have).

If you're going the the 5.56 and 22LR route, I'd get dedicated suppressors for them. But if you want to get one for all.. definitely get it serviceable version since 22LR has so much unburnt powder that it will clot up your suppressor.

On 9/25/2022 at 8:19 AM, Dean said:

Suggestions on a good suppressor to use on m16/AM180 and possibly 10/22.  Full auto capable.

Thanks

get 2.

I would say a mask for the 22l, just pop the end and throw the barrels in a pin tumbler overnight.

AFA a f/a 556 can get a large volume can, preferably in 6.5 mm caliber.  I run rex mg7s in a 6.5 bore (or 30 cal as well) on my m16.  IMO its one of the best setups for a fg/a + sort gun.  Overbore and large helps with the blowback

For am180 no matter which one you choose the 180 will kill it over time.  I have killed 2 over time that required all new baffles.  I had a Huntertown arms that paid 100 bucks f9r weiged about 10oz new now it is weigh over a pound from all the crap in it.  It's about time to make a new set of baffles but then being a sot helps.  Maybe a monocore would work better.  But 180 is hard on a suppressor