Reising Model 50 (Failure to Feed)

Bwanalewis

Looking for some help.  I have a Reising Model 50 WWII serial number.  I am having a failure to feed with factory 20 Round Mags and Christy aftermarket 30 Rounders.  It strips the round and then gets bound up.

I have replaced the (I know I am saying this incorrectly) Bolt Spring and Spring connected to the charging handle under the foream with Wolf springs. I know there are some knowledgeable Reising owners out there, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chad

I've had this happen before.  From the looks of your photo, I'd guess the front 3/8 to 1/2 inch of your firing pin has broken off and jammed.  The original pin had a long, skinny front section which was prone to breaking.  The firing pin may just be bent and stuck, or it may be the tip broken off and stuck.  Remove the bolt and tap the firing pin from front to rear to release it.  If it is broken, replace it.  If is not broken but merely stuck and not bent, you may just need to replace your firing pin spring.   I carry spare firing pins in my Reising kit.  You can buy repro Reising firing pins.  I have a lathe, so I've made some spares from both 4140 alloy steel and 17-4 stainless steel.  I've not had a pin break in years but granted, I don't shoot it as much as I once did.  Let us know what you find when you remove the firing pin.

Kevin in NC

20 hours ago, Kevin Bartlett said:

I've had this happen before.  From the looks of your photo, I'd guess the front 3/8 to 1/2 inch of your firing pin has broken off and jammed.  The original pin had a long, skinny front section which was prone to breaking.  The firing pin may just be bent and stuck, or it may be the tip broken off and stuck.  Remove the bolt and tap the firing pin from front to rear to release it.  If it is broken, replace it.  If is not broken but merely stuck and not bent, you may just need to replace your firing pin spring.   I carry spare firing pins in my Reising kit.  You can buy repro Reising firing pins.  I have a lathe, so I've made some spares from both 4140 alloy steel and 17-4 stainless steel.  I've not had a pin break in years but granted, I don't shoot it as much as I once did.  Let us know what you find when you remove the firing pin.

Kevin in NC

Kevin,

Thanks for the information.  It was bent, and rusted.  So I had a replacement titanium one.  All good functions well.  

CL

Bent FP.jpg

On 9/21/2022 at 6:45 AM, Frank Iannamico said:

Here is the cause and fix...

http://www.machinegu...?showtopic=8854

This mod works.. Inertia firing pin method makes mine go bang every time, so no worries that it will have adverse effects. 

With mine I had to do a bit of extra modification due to needing to get the firing pin further back to allow a good hit from the hammer. 

A new firing pin from Keystone is where I would look. If they don't have it on their website, it is good to call to see if they have one hidden somewhere. That guy really remembers to follow up on stuff. I had requested some shells of the magazines and he remember to call me months later when he had some (It was for a drum conversion I was working on with parts I purchased from barrelxchange)