ruger MKIII suppressed pistol upgrades ???????

Paulj.

Hey guys, I've got a ruger 22/45 MKIII suppressed pistol by s&h arms. If any of you own these you know what a pain it is to take the gun apart and reassemble. I'm not talking about the suppressor but rather the ruger pistol itself. I know there are some upgrades available to simplify things. If anyone is a guru on these I'd like to hear from you so I can start shooting this again without dreading the disassembly / assembly. Paul.

Majestic makes an awesome upgrade that makes takedown and reassembly much easier.

Link: https://majesticarms.com/product/speed-strip-mark-i-mark-ii-and-mark-ii-22-45/

Also pick up a hammer strut support, it prevents the hammer strut from binding behind the frame pin, which is the most common cause of difficulty during reassembly.

Link: https://www.hammerstrutsupport.com
Hammer Strut Support: Ruger MK Reassembly |the One-Time Fix

Those two will reduce field strip and reassembly time a ton for you.

Edited by Gremby

14 hours ago, Paulj. said:

I know there are some upgrades available to simplify things. If anyone is a guru on these I'd like to hear from you so I can start shooting this again without dreading the disassembly / assembly. Paul.

watch a yt video and take it apart/assemble a few times a few time. Its really simple.

The only problem people have are not getting the hammer forward when its sticks on oil/grease(use a pencil) or getting the strut aligned (tap the pin all the way in).  Thats the only two things that have to happen.

The only upgrade I've ever done is polish the pin some and the hole. I also add a touch of grease on the end of the pin (especially in SS models to prevent galling.