SAR48/FAL transferable opinions

Dean

I have a transferable SAR-48 and never have had any problems /issues with it.

The SAR-48 was imported by Springfield as semi-auto from Imbel Brazil.  Springfield sold them both as semi-autos as well as converted some of them to machineguns once they arrived from Imbel as legal semi-auto imports.

From my research when shopping for a transferable FAL, the SAR-48s were some of the strongest receivers out there being a true forged steel, Metric, Type-3 receiver where many of the actual FN 50.xx Belgian imports had cast vs. forged receivers with a theoretical reduced receiver service life. (forget the cutoff date by mid 70s for Belgian cast vs. forged)

My SAR-48 was imported as a full stock long barrel model like the one on GB.   I ended up converting it into a short barrel DSA OSW.  However I still have the original front end and fixed lower/stock group should I ever want to bring it back to its original configuration.

LyTh3ab.jpg

Good luck with the purchase as they are really nice guns and the actual machinegun conversion work done by Springfield on the original SAR-48 Imbel semi receiver is very well done.