M2 carbine host auto ordnance vs inland

Dean

My M2 conversion kit just transferred to my dealer.  Looking for a host.  Are the auto ordnance or inland (new manufacture) better.  Not looking for a beat up WW II or 70s commercial gun.

Thanks

If I were going to use my M2 kit in a commercial Carbine, I'd get a nice Plainfield or a Fulton Armory.

I've heard that the AO guns are lousy and that the Inland Manufacturing guns are hit or miss. I do like the looks of the Advisor, though. :D 

7 hours ago, MontanaRenegade86 said:

If I were going to use my M2 kit in a commercial Carbine, I'd get a nice Plainfield or a Fulton Armory.

I've heard that the AO guns are lousy and that the Inland Manufacturing guns are hit or miss. I do like the looks of the Advisor, though. :D 

Yeah I just looked on gunbroker and found some Plainfield's in the $600 range.  Question on the stock modification.  Is it better to buy an M2 stock or just have my dealer modify the existing stock?

Thanks

Personally, I would just buy an older USGI M1 carbine. As for a stock, you can easily modify an M1 carbine stock. However, the M2 carbine stock have a pot belly and are a little heavier. 

Here’s my Frankenstein M2 carbine (Registered trigger housing). 
2-CC18949-8-F9-C-4425-BFBC-AA547324034-F

• Like 1

If I have a m1 carbine cut down to 12 or 14 inch barrel do i have to SBR in with the registered kit?  Also if the cut down rifle is removed from the stock is it still considered a SBR without the kit?  

As long as the kit stays in the receiver then its not an SBR-its a machine gun.  However if you take the kit out of the receiver then it can not go back into a rifle type stock as then it would be an SBR.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Plainfield and it works very well. Been thinking about SBRing it also. I would appreciate any input on barrel length. Can’t decide between 12 and 14 inches.