Switching a full auto AUG trigger pack from 3 round burst to auto

MFP Autos

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I have a factory Steyr AUG machine gun in inventory and am a bit confused as to how I'm supposed to move the red switch on the bottom of the trigger pack from the 3-round burst setting to the straight full auto setting. The switch is extremely stiff and won't budge - I don't want to force it. There must be a release leaver or something I'm missing? Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I unfortunately have not spent a lot of time with select-fire AUGs.

I've also noticed that the second stage of the progressive trigger pull to auto is extremely heavy - like need two fingers heavy. What might be going on here? 

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

I think that's what I'll have to do. I didn't want to bother Pete - as we've not done business together yet - but from his reputation, I'm sure he'll be happy to answer a question or two. Perhaps I'll find something to purchase from him during the course of our conversation.

AFAIK, you just slide it over.  I don't recall if the hammer has to be in a specific position and I'd have to dig out that manual.  If the trigger pull is that stiff, you have problems for sure.  Trigger pull for the second stage is not exactly crisp and light, but it's not over 10# either.  You may want to send it off to Pete for repairs?   As far as buying stuff, he has little inventory at this time.  Time and money might be better spent getting a regular pack?  Those he may have?

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a real bitch to move the red lever, but you just have to gently coax it into the auto position. When the second stage for FA is really heavy, it’s due to the primary sear hitting a ledge at the rear of the pack housing. A little time with a jeweler’s file to chamfer the pack in this area (don’t remove completely) will lighten the second stage. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 9:15 PM, SLG said:

It’s a real bitch to move the red lever, but you just have to gently coax it into the auto position. When the second stage for FA is really heavy, it’s due to the primary sear hitting a ledge at the rear of the pack housing. A little time with a jeweler’s file to chamfer the pack in this area (don’t remove completely) will lighten the second stage. 

Thank you for the information Sir. I'll have a look at it. 

• 2 weeks later...