Value of Post Sample PKM, no letter required?

FeedsTheNeed

This is not a sale ad.

I am giving up my FFL/SOT in the fall. I have a very nice PKM built from a new Romanian parts kit. Assembled with Vltor receiver, by Vltor. Extra new unused barrel assy. New tripod. Polish belt loader etc. The gun has about 1000 rounds through it. Carefully maintained. Looks new.  Barrels are standard length, not para.

I have looked for others for sale, but have not found any. I like it very much and may well keep it, but I thought I would ask re estimated value.

Estimated value for this?

Thanks!

If your giving up your FFL07/SOT02 or even just your SOT.. you have to give up that PKM, whether you destroy it, sell it, or turn it in, since it is a postie. I'm mentioning that since you mention you may keep it..

It's tricky to price since it is a postie. Parts Kits fall around $3k so I'd think you would get more than that. Other thing that makes it tricky is if you don't have a known reputation.. then some people may avoid buying it from you.

• Like 1

Hmm, I will have to double check my understanding with ATF, but my understanding is as long as the owning Sole Prop or Corp entity of the firearm does not change that entity can hold/keep post samples that have been made under their 07/SOT, after that entity gives up their 07/SOT  

I will research and find written guidance from NFA Branch

Thanks for the input. 

And, I understand regarding the reputation issue. I was on the Bowers board for many years as “need more” and I’ve sold a good bit on gun broker “gunbroker name” through the years. I’ve had my FFL/SOT for almost 27 years.

That said, people have tried to scam me in the gun business so I understand people’s concerns.

Edited by FeedsTheNeed
Duplication

3 hours ago, FeedsTheNeed said:

Hmm, I will have to double check my understanding with ATF, but my understanding is as long as the owning Sole Prop or Corp entity of the firearm does not change that entity can hold/keep post samples that have been made under their 07/SOT, after that entity gives up their 07/SOT  

Thanks for the input. 

LOL

No, you sell or destroy all of them

you can only keep pre-samples, how do you not know this after 27years in the business?

Edited by taylorwso
  • Like 1

Your thinking about PreMay/pre86. Post are not allowed to keep after giving up your SOT.  Larry Vickers got raided for giving up his SOT and not giving up his toys.. and the ATF sadly took tons of great MGs. 

3 hours ago, FeedsTheNeed said:

Thanks for the input. 

Completely and 100% wrong.  Posties are to be removed from inventory upon giving up SOT(destroyed, sell etc).  

Can't believe this is even a question.

Vito

Yep, I guess I was confused re pre May and posties. 

Sorry you can’t believe it is a question. 

This forum is for discussion and info sharing. 

I appreciate the congenial replies. 

I have been a low volume FFL/SOT all this time. First time actually considering finally shutting things down. 

Am I correct in understanding the posties can be sold to 07/SOT without law letter upon notifying ATF I am terminating my biz and licenses?

Thanks

On 8/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, FeedsTheNeed said:

Am I correct in understanding the posties can be sold to 07/SOT without law letter upon notifying ATF I am terminating my biz and licenses?

You can sell it to FFL 07/02 SOT without a law letter. You may have to do research on how that is done.

You can still sell it to a FFL 01/03 SOT with a law letter.. but there are a few exceptions but that is on the buyers side. (ie Washington FFL with law letters from a WA police dept is currently getting rejected by the ATF due to WA gun laws not allowing the police to have a military style equipment like machine guns, APC, etc.. really stupid!)

On 8/13/2022 at 7:36 AM, taylorwso said:

yes

“Feeds the Need.”
Not sure if this information was posted earlier? I did not see it.

08/01 Importer FFL’s, can also purchase no Law letter post samples from an FFL/SOT going out of business or just dropping their SOT.

That gives one more available potential purchasers.

Make certain the you attach a letter (OOB) or a Out of business letter, that needs to be included with each transfer, along with a list of all your post samples. They’ll transfer out on a Form 3. If you use eForms, just attach the two documents with the Form 3 transfer. 
There’s a page that allows the needed documents that are required, before you can submit the the Form 3.

If you’re not certain what to include in your OOB letter. Contact the NFA.

Good luck

Edited by fifthmdec
Spellcheck