Firerams Shipment with FedEv

All note below. If you ship a firearm with Fedex and you do not comply with this tariff they will not pay for loss or damage!

Per our terms and conditions which the customer agreed to when they created their account they were aware of conditions in regards to firearms in the Ground Tariff, page 8.
Firearms -
Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive. On behalf of customers holding an FFL who enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement and federal, state, or local government agencies, FedEx Ground will transport and deliver firearms, antique firearms, and replica firearms, all as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, as well as muzzleloaders and black powder firearms (collectively “firearms”). Shipments containing firearms must be sent with the Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option. FedEx Ground will not accept for transport handguns, assembled or disassembled. FedEx Ground will transport small-arms ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Hazardous Materials section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as hazardous materials. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.

cleardot.gif

I found out the hard way!

Ken

• Like 2

Imho FedEx sucks!! I won’t  ship with them anymore, if they offered free shipping with 1 million in insurance I still wouldn’t!!!  They lost two of my packages and one of my inbound Machineguns went “Missing” until I spoke to a supervisor ( what a tail chase that was) I explained to her that the package contents was a machinegun and it will become a federal investigation if its truly lost, three hours later a white cargo van unmarked shows up and a guy stumbles out with my package. Coincidence?? Hmmmm!!! Ymmv. Good luck. I’ll take usps Registered mail ANYDAY!!! Again ymmv! 

• Like 1

They push that but yet my account rep has yet to get me the info on how to sign up for all this. He didn’t know what to say when I told him I shipped firearms. I seriously think he wanted to close my account when he heard that. 

The FedEx Express office that I have to use is the biggest waste of space there is! They lost a gun in their own plant on a Monday (was a next day shipment that they didn’t send out til Wednesday) then that same Wednesday they weren’t smart enough to hold a package when instructed to do so...said package was a 1928 Thompson that I didn’t want bouncing around on the truck all day! The plant manager couldn’t understand why I was pissed and ripped him a new a$$hole.....huh I wonder why...?

Edited by Got Uzi
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Ken In VA. said:

All note below. If you ship a firearm with Fedex and you do not comply with this tariff they will not pay for loss or damage!

Per our terms and conditions which the customer agreed to when they created their account they were aware of conditions in regards to firearms in the Ground Tariff, page 8.
Firearms -
Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive. On behalf of customers holding an FFL who enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement and federal, state, or local government agencies, FedEx Ground will transport and deliver firearms, antique firearms, and replica firearms, all as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, as well as muzzleloaders and black powder firearms (collectively “firearms”). Shipments containing firearms must be sent with the Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option. FedEx Ground will not accept for transport handguns, assembled or disassembled. FedEx Ground will transport small-arms ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Hazardous Materials section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as hazardous materials. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.

cleardot.gif

I found out the hard way!

Ken

What did they do to you?

Nothing. I have an outstanding claim which they refuse to pay because I had not executed the Firearms shipping compliance agreement. I have now executed the agreement after talking with five Fedex employees who did not know how to provide me with the necessary documents. Frankly, I think they don't want the business in general.

Ken

1 hour ago, Ken In VA. said:

Nothing. I have an outstanding claim which they refuse to pay because I had not executed the Firearms shipping compliance agreement. I have now executed the agreement after talking with five Fedex employees who did not know how to provide me with the necessary documents. Frankly, I think they don't want the business in general.

Ken

I think you are exactly right.

Ive had an open claim against them over the pistol that was shipped “next day” that left the terminal 2 days later....yeah I won’t see that $150 in this lifetime. Maybe I should start a new shipping service for FFL’s

• Like 1

Fedex, UPS and USPS all suck in my opinion.  Since last December, all 3 have left guns on my porch without a signature.  Asking them to hold the package at the terminal for pickup is now iffy.  UPS even charges extra to hold a package, even just a few hours.  One particularly galling incident involved a shipment of black powder coming by Fedex.  It was scheduled for Saturday delivery, and I changed my plans to make sure I was home.  Fedex truck stops in front of my house.  I'm standing in clear view in my front door, maybe 30 yards from the truck.  Driver gets out of his seat and goes in the back of the truck to get my package.  Less than a minute later, he got back in his seat and drove away.   As the truck disappeared down the street, my phone chirped.  I got a text from Fedex saying no one was home to sign for the package.  Fedex customer service was worse than useless when I called.  Monday I called the company I bought the black powder from and that guy was a total prick and refused to ask Fedex to deliver properly.  See, Saturday was the last of 3 attempts to deliver before the powder was to be returned to the shipper at my expense.   Monday after work I drove to the terminal and picked it up despite being told by the seller prick that it was a major violation of federal law and Fedex policy to do so.

Kevin in NC

That’s one of the things I’ve dealt with at the FedEx express Terminix by me-I tell them to hold a package as no one is home to receive it....”we can’t do that per the agreement with the shipper” so they will bounce it around on the truck all day, only for me to drive up and get it after that....and hope that the truck is back in time before they close for the evening. I have no use for that a$$holes

11 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

That’s one of the things I’ve dealt with at the FedEx express Terminix by me-I tell them to hold a package as no one is home to receive it....”we can’t do that per the agreement with the shipper” so they will bounce it around on the truck all day, only for me to drive up and get it after that....and hope that the truck is back in time before they close for the evening. I have no use for that a$$holes

DCC2CEE9-AE97-4674-88B4-8A4C3EEAA06B.gif

Edited by komodoj
Pic

I got into it with UPS yesterday over a shipment.  Its an M23 mount for an M2HB.....sent signature confirmation, ok fine no big deal.  Called to get it held at the terminal and it turned into a 30 min ordeal on the phone with their 1-800 crap system and a couple of "represenitvies" who could really speak gooder English....only to have them tell me there would be a $7.95 fee for having the item held at the terminal as I wasn't going to be home to sign for it, I told them to kiss my a$$......tried calling the termial direct like normal....there phones were not working......so I had to drive 30 min to the terminal just to tell them to hold my package and I'd be in for it the next day......what a JOKE!!!!

I joke about creating a company for the shipping of firearms, ammo, and such....but the truth is that it wouldn't be allowed to work.  With insurance, upstart costs, networking setup and the political climate, the business would be doomed before it ever left the ground....even tho it would be a good business model to have for something that is needed.

• 1 month later...

This may be an option for some. We received this email today. I'm not a big fan of third-party shippers but.......Short read. As always YMMV.

Email: accounts@guncritic.com
Phone: ‪(859) 279-2160‬

Machine Gun Type:

Message: As you may have heard, UPS is now requiring any shops that ship under fifty firearms a day to use it's Next Day Air service, which is incredibly expensive and could wipe many small dealers out. Previously the more affordable 2nd Day Air service could be utilized by anyone, but this will no longer be the case.

With ShipOutdoors, you don't need to worry about this new requirement. We ship so much volume a day we're exempt from the requirements, and we already offer cheaper UPS shipping because of our bulk discount. Best of all, there's no subscription or other charges. Just the shipping cost!

Check out our savings calculator by clicking here. www.shipoutdoors.com

If you have any questions just respond to this email or give us a call at ‪(859) 279-2160‬!

Thank you and have a great day!

On 9/27/2022 at 7:40 AM, trilogymac said:

With the new Fed Ex rules, how would an individual ship an UZI Micro for repair or refinish? USPS won't accept "concealable" firearms from individuals and UPS won't ship machine guns at all.

Can you install a 16" barrel on it and get it to rifle/carbine length?