RR HK91 to HK21?

Zohan

A number of the HK smiths do this work.  That's about the only reason to buy a RR 91?  No idea what they charge, but a lot depends on what parts you may have or need?  The origin of the parts...if you want all German HK, expect to pay a LOT and maybe not be able to actually find all the parts at this time?  If you're willing to go with US made or contract parts you build on a budget.  If you stick to a 21 vs. a 21E, there is a bunch to be saved in the short run, but you'll have a 21, not a 21E, and you may be looked down upon by HK snobs? LOL

Terry Dyer, TSC, MM, RDTS, and others.

Several guys here have actually gone through the process and will have better info.  I've either done my own minor HK work (with minimal exceptions) or bought completed guns done by various builders so I can't offer much in the way of "who's best to deal with" on a build. HTH

There is a discussion over on HKpro about this very topic (unless the OP here is the same as over there)  Here's my reponse I posted about it.

"The guys who were doing those conversions found ways to make it work, but with the costs associated with these guns now, its going to be hard to find someone who would want to go hacking on a transferable RR gun, I know I sure as hell would NOT want to. From the builders stand point-the risk isn't worth the reward-one mistake and you have to eat a $22k-$25K gun, finish the job and it works well...you could see $5k or so in payment. You do the math, but personally I wouldn't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

The best way these days is to have a host built on a new receiver and run a sear in it, but thats just my opinion. I also know that does't help you with your question and or issue."

5 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

There is a discussion over on HKpro about this very topic (unless the OP here is the same as over there)  Here's my reponse I posted about it.

"The guys who were doing those conversions found ways to make it work, but with the costs associated with these guns now, its going to be hard to find someone who would want to go hacking on a transferable RR gun, I know I sure as hell would NOT want to. From the builders stand point-the risk isn't worth the reward-one mistake and you have to eat a $22k-$25K gun, finish the job and it works well...you could see $5k or so in payment. You do the math, but personally I wouldn't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

The best way these days is to have a host built on a new receiver and run a sear in it, but thats just my opinion. I also know that does't help you with your question and or issue."

All this, I dont think there's any one taking on rr conversions.

go 21e not 21.