NFA HELP

beltfeedm60

I wanted to know if it's a legal requirement or just a courtesy to inform the NFA that I plan on changing my M60 standard to a M60E6 in flat dark earth permanently. The E6 kit is an improvment and with the open top hand guard the barrel changes are safer and quiker. I might from time to time switch uppers on my SBR for different uses also. I think its a requirement so I plan on doing it. I just want to know the truth on weather it is required or not. 

No notification required.  Everything is cosmetic other than the serial numbered part (trunion or receiver box).  Everything else can be switched out without any notifications.  Even if you attempted to notify them, they would have no idea what you are describing, nor any way to change it, since no modifications to the registration paperwork are allowed other than the transferee/ transferor boxes.

So changing the barrels to the E6 barrels. Which would also change the OAL dosent need me to notify them? Ok. Should I keep the old parts around just in case? How about when I sell it. Will it need to be sold in the old configuration and just add the the Deal the E6 kit. 

20 minutes ago, beltfeedm60 said:

So changing the barrels to the E6 barrels. Which would also change the OAL dosent need me to notify them? Ok. Should I keep the old parts around just in case? How about when I sell it. Will it need to be sold in the old configuration and just add the the Deal the E6 kit. 

It doesn't matter, as the barrels can be changed on a whim.  When you transfer it just put the new length if you want, or not since its a non permanent change.. 

No notification.  Do not change the bbl length on any transfers if you sell regardless of what the gun actually is.  The transfer will likely be returned for corrections to the original info on the original registration documents.....regardless of whether or not they may be correct as of today.    No need to keep the old parts.

I agree with the posters above.... We have sold countless M60e6 Conversion kits to customers and I am not aware of anyone who attempted to make any changes to their Form 4's....For the reasons mentioned above by those guys..... We have also received standard configuration transferable M60's and sold them as E6's.

I will reiterate what johnsonlmg stated above, If you attempted to make changes the form would likely be returned and a letter attached that advises you to make corrections and put the original information back in.

This is my opinion based on my experience with the exact issue your asking about.

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

All this is new to me. I can't remember who told me if I change anything I had to email the NFA branch if I make changes to the weapon to protect me from some ATF agent nit picking me because the weapon doesn't match the form 4. I went through the NFA Manuel and information on it is vague. 

So in summary:

1. Don't worry about notifying them even if I permanently switch it over to a E6. 

2. And if I sell it in the E6 configuration and the form 4 has it as a Standard it doesn't matter as Aaron stated. Just continue on with the sale and original form 4 reading it as a standard. Don't change anything. 

Let me know if I got it right. 

Thank you