Anyone know Jim Bishop posts as Rickter?

I purchased two m249 para barrels off of him earlier this year and he never sent them and disconnected his phone? No reply to anything.

I can provide a copy of the cancelled check 

I’ve contact the local sheriff but am still trying to get a call back.

Anyone have any information?  Honestly worry and think he may have passed away?  I am already accepting the loss.

Jim Bishop, PO Box K, Warroad MN 56763

218-206 -1682

Thanks guys!  Yes I google him found likely home address but nothing on his death.

Also had noticed that he last logged in on Feb 19th.  My last email from him was on Feb 10 and he said he had found a box and would be mailing it that weekend.  Nothing ever since.

i was hoping maybe someone knew him?

i planned to follow back with the sheriff department next week and see if I can get something from them.  I had spoken to the Warroad PD and they said his address was rural and covered by the sheriff department.

again thanks for the replies!!

Not sure if this is the same guy, but the James Bishop I know was AKA "Artemis" on the Snub-guns boards, and has been around this community forever.

I last conversed with him via email in 2017 around the time snub-guns was sold by Bowers.

We exchanged email for hours.

I believe he's a few years older than I am, so it's very possible he may have passed on, like guys my age do every day.

Reputation is a work in progress. Your rep is only as good as your last deal.

He never impressed me as being a thief, but certainly that doesn't mean a thing since I've not spoken to him in years.

I've never heard of him ripping off anyone in the past, and I've been around this community a long time.

Hope you get some resolution soon.

If you find get resolution or info about James, please post it here.

I'd like to know if he's still ok.

Cheers,

R.L.

Edited by R.L.
typo

I found the following page with a death announcement for "Charlie" Bishop in Warroad, MN.  60 years old.  Of interest, the personal notes to the family appear directed to Jim Bishop referencing condolences for the loss of his son.  Son's date of passing away is Feb. 20,  2022.  Likely the same man. Sad to bury your own child (at any age).   I hope that this helps in some way...  Good luck and condolences to the Bishops.      https://www.helgesonfuneralhome.com/obituary/Charles-Bishop

@Bwana I saw that and agree it looks like it was his son.  I wondered if maybe he went by Jim?  Same as his dad?  

Back in November (11/15/21).  He had emailed me and said he was sorry for not sending the Aug barrel I bought that his was taking care of his Dad (89 years old) and that his mom had passed away the week prior.  

The 60 years old would make sense being his dad was 89.  That’s my thinking.

I did receive that Aug barrel from him 12/31. This was 2 month after sending payment..  After that deal was done is when I mailed a check for the m249 barrels.

3 hours ago, R.L. said:

Thanks for the update.

I'll email condolences to Jim tonight.

Can't promise, but I'll see if I can get some info on this barrel issue too.

Cheers,

R.L.

R.L.

Thank you!  Let me know if you hear anything.

The email that I communicated with was:

James Bishop

riversidesports@gmail…. You know the rest

Gentlemen,

When I saw that email address, some alarms went off. 

There was a fairly big brouhaha on FalFiles over some chap who went by the handle of RiversideSports. I don't think I ever got twisted with the guy, but plenty of other guys did. 

I have no dog in this fight. I'll let everybody come to their own conclusion.

https://www.falfiles.com/threads/what-happened-to-riverside-sports.476144/

According to one guy on the Files, Charles (who is deceased), would sometimes go by his father's name (Jim). If that's true, maybe Charles is the one who sold OP the barrels? Not much OP can do except go after the estate. 

-K

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

10 minutes ago, pa123guns said:

Wow!! What a read!  I’m not a member at FAL files so never saw that thread.

Agree looks like he has passed.

Anyone have any thoughts on if it worth going to the estate for $450?  I’m thinking probably not!  

That's your call.

If it were me, I'd try to talk with Jim and see if you can get something worked out. Maybe he'll tell you he wasn't the one who made the deal and to go to hell. Maybe he'll make it right.

If I was in your shoes, I'd at least make 'em earn that $450. 

Whatever else happens, I hope you get satisfaction. Even if it's just spiritual.

-K

Pretty interesting developments.  Sorry that you are out $$. Maybe the barrels are still there (if they existed to begin with). It's like a regular episode of "Columbo"...only not entertaining when you're out $450.

Good luck!

No response from "Jim or "dad" as of 11:19 est.

At this point I'm lost on who is who in this mystery.

Is Jim the dad or is it just Jim pretending to be ":dad" when there was no dad all along?

Anyway, I hope you get some resolution in this convoluted affair!

Would love to know sometime how this all shakes out.

Cheers,

R.L.

This was confusing me for a while too.  
From what I have gathered.  Charlie was his real name but he told people he was Jim online.  (weird)   I made the check out to “James”.  Per the obituary it looks like that is his dads name and his dad is still alive.. or was last year when he told me his mom passed away.

Anyone have any insight into how to file a claim with an estate?  My research is all leading to lawyers and there is no way this will pay to involve a lawyer.

Edited by pa123guns

• 1 month later...

Seems like alot for 450.00 if he is dead he's dead. You could ask the the 90 year old dad, but why would you worry and old man. I lost over 2m in the 08 crash from one of my company's  and yes 2 of the customers flat out stole / did not pay over 500k each. Legal recourse was nothing most judges was letting people skate. I survived and you will too. Its just 450.00 for Christ sake. Just can ask him, you have that right. But after that I would leave the old man alone.  P.S. I did have to sell my Sherman tank over that crap on 08.  Forgive and you will be the better for it.

• 5 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 4:54 PM, pa123guns said:

I purchased two m249 para barrels off of him earlier this year and he never sent them and disconnected his phone? No reply to anything.

I can provide a copy of the cancelled check 

I’ve contact the local sheriff but am still trying to get a call back.

Anyone have any information?  Honestly worry and think he may have passed away?  I am already accepting the loss.

Jim Bishop, PO Box K, Warroad MN 56763

218-206 -1682

Hi there - just came across this post. I can assure you the jacka$$ is alive and well terrorizing the streets of Warroad on his Polaris Razr. Keep calling the sherrifs department on the a$$hole. What a thief. I'm not surprised. Sorry you have to deal with him too along with the rest of our community.