Transaction on the Board

An ad comes up for ammo on the board and I immediately posted on the board that I would take it. I contacted the seller and stated that I would send a check. After seeing another ad he had placed that he would accept electronic payment, I contacted him, he acknowledged he would accept and I sent payment immediately. The next day, with no communication or reason, he returned my payment.

I contacted the seller and he stated that someone else had an early timeline.  My problem is that I posted first that I would take the ammo, he sent me a pm that it was mine and payment info, he accepted the payment and stated that he would be shipping and I should receive by Saturday.

I’m just ticked by the way this “purchase” went down. I'm over 70 years old and have been in the firearms' business for 45 years. This is the first time that something like this has happen to me on Sturmgewehr. 

Edited by AirCav73
Edit

I've had a couple deals like that on gunbroker but only one here. The one here I was the first to say I'll take it and never heard from the guy. I followed up and only heard crickets. unfortunately I think that's just the way the world is working these days.... sad.

You've got almost 3 decades on me on both accounts but it's only getting worse!

I just recently had that happen for the first time on this board.  I feel like vast majority of the people that are on here frequently are trustworthy and men of their word.  There will always be people on here or any site that will pull that to make a little more money.  I just see it as the karma deal.  They will get theirs somewhere down the line.  It's not worth the time to try to make make a pos feel like a pos or call them out.  They already know what they are so whatever.  Let nature take it's course.

I think, or hope the ammo is coming this way. I didn't reply under the topic. I sent a PM saying I would take it. This was probably 12 hours before AirCav73 posted under the topic. He sent me payment info and I sent off over a week ago I think. Haven't seen anything yet. I believe this was for the 5.45x39 ammo. If so and AirCav73 wants to confirm, please PM me.

It happens and it is difficult to tell if one is telling the truly not. 

If the person is a active member and doesn't act like a douse on this forum, then I'd gives them they benefit of the doubt. Some people are just not good on communication. 

If we are discussing the 5.45 steel case then I was the purchaser, sent a PM same day within an hour or two of the posting. The seller confirmed my purchase after we talked on the phone a day or two later. In his defense, i believe he thought he was responding to my PM when he confirmed with you.  The seller acted in good faith just was a little confused by the communication. The ammo arrived as described. 

Thanks for the update Gordon. 

As I stated earlier, the ammo was not the issue.

The issue was the confirmation of purchase, acceptance of payment and then return of the payment (next day) without any explanation or reason. 

A simple reply of "Hey, someone claimed it first and I'm sorry. Here's your payment back" Not a problem.

No a word from the seller until I questioned it a week later after receiving notice of funds returned.

It's over and done

Thanks for everybody's' input.

Rod Bowman

Edited by AirCav73
Spelling
  • Like 1