How long a form 4 e forms taking?

Dean

Every day the wait seems to get longer. Currently looking at 125+ days and increasing by the day on average it seems. My first came back in just 82, but it was an early one. They are processing eform 4s filed from late January- very early February it seems right now 

Edited by AZK Brock

3 hours ago, AZK Brock said:

Every day the wait seems to get longer. Currently looking at 125+ days and counting on average it seems. My first came back in just 82, but it was an early one. They are processing eform 4s filed from late January- very early February it seems right now 

this

jan-feb entries was 60 days, now closer to 90,,trust are 120+

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the eFile Form 4 is exactly what I expected was going to happen-people got in on it when it first started and got quick returns.  Now everyone is jumping on board and its bogging down the system.  So in theroy with this happening, paper Form 4's should go faster.....oh wait what dream land did I just slip off into?

37 minutes ago, Got Uzi said:

The problem with the eFile Form 4 is exactly what I expected was going to happen-people got in on it when it first started and got quick returns.  Now everyone is jumping on board and its bogging down the system.  So in theroy with this happening, paper Form 4's should go faster.....oh wait what dream land did I just slip off into?

Its weird, I just got a few back in less than 60 days, I still have 1 from feb, the electronic fingerprints  didn't seem to help as much as I thought.

Its all random.  Good news paper form 4s are taking even longer now.

Thanks. I was hoping that was all it was. NFA Branch told me 8 months so I was starting to get concerned. Still fascinated me you can create a human from start to finish and it can be on solid foods faster than a 2 page form gets signed. The wait continues. Lol. 
Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey

Let me guess… “Average is 8 months, but with the backlog of paper filings, that isn’t a guarantee”. 

I wish they would take suppressors off the registry if for other reason to speed MG transfers up. If eForms cut the time in half, but the number of applications doubles as a result then it is moot. It does make it does make one wonder just how long the Gov can hold someone’s privately owned financial asset hostage before an attorney would take up a damages case over the freezing of otherwise liquid assets. You can’t have it, you can’t return it, you can’t sell it. You can just wait and hope the seller doesn’t die or get dementia before the transaction completes. Obviously meant as hyperbole, but how many of these transfers end up in the courts/probate due to how long they take.
Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any updates on there transfer times?

I have some paper form 4's getting ready to hit 15 months.

Also have a e-form 4 at almost 150 days.

Not sure what the heck is going on, but it seems the back log is getting really bad. 

My last paper form 4 took almost 12 months for approval, that was Feb of 21 to Feb of 22.

I just had four guns on paper form 4’s take 15 months only to have the stamps lost in the mail requiring a 60 day wait until I can request certified copies needed to take possession of the guns for which I have been approved. Out of dozens and dozens of past form 4’s current wait times are the worst. Good luck

I've been getting paper Form 4's back with an average of 11-13 months and I'm still waiting on my first eForm 4 to come in yet....I filed them in Febuary.  Not holding my breath for this "quick turn around" they speak of.

"I have a suppressor at my dealers, applied on line eform Feb 15th, mailed in finger prints Feb 18th. Nothing yet, that's 115 days...today.

WTF?"

My suppressor was approved today. YAHOO 

FIVE MONTHS-----START TO FINISHED... RUNNING TO MY DEALER MONDAY+++++++

Ok I seriously do not get the wait times. I just got a approval for a form 4 paper submission i submitted on 9/14/21 that was approved and received today (10 months). Then got another approval today for a form 4 that was at almost 15 months. As I am still waiting for a few  other form 4 papers that are still outstanding at almost 15 months. There is no understanding this madness. Well at least that made my night. Cant wait to pick them up tomorrow.

Edited by Twoodworth

• 2 weeks later...

They clearly have other priorities than completing work and have no interest in combining NICS processing.  I just got one form back after 14 months that was sent in with another form and the first thing they did was to separate them and reject one of them for not having fingerprint cards included.  Both MG's.   The crazy thing is the one that was missing the cards (that I supplied later) is the one that got approved?  I just sent in another two transfers with one set and we'll see if they do it again?

The last sentence is pure fantasy probably written by one of the pronoun groups below.  The one thing I've never seen a gov. employee identify as is a "worker". 

https://www.atf.gov/about/diversity/celebrating-our-diversity

They have a whole department that quite literally accomplishes NOTHING other than planning meetings and celebrations. https://www.atf.gov/about/diversity

Edited by johnsonlmg41

It’s hard to understand how one person can have 20 tax stamps and still have to wait over a year. I could understand them taking their sweet a$$ time for a new NFA owner but someone who owns multiple Nfa items, over a period of years should be fast tracked or make their finger print cards good for one year and reduce the (so called) strain on the system. 

These people are still working from home. At least the person I spoke with was clearly at home because I heard a dog barking in the background. Honestly, I guess it could’ve been their emotional support dog (poor dog). 

I’m to the point to where I don’t want to buy anymore suppressors because of the wait. I’ve got three machines guns recently, one was submitted in February and the other two are waiting to transfer to a dealer before I can start my forum 4’s. I’m guessing the wait will be two years on the last two MG’s mentioned.  

Edited by KickStand

17 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

...and 30,000 of them were probably for suppressors.  They need to establish separate queues for firearms and suppressors

No what they need to do is unfuck the whole thing.  There is no reason with everything electronic, that a transfer should take more than a few minutes.