Looking for opinions on how you’d grade this M50 Reising Condition?

duza9999

Hey everybody, bit of a strange one so I wanted to get other people’s opinions on this. Recently I just picked up a M50 Reising, which arrived it on Friday. 

However admittedly I was a bit taken aback. This gun was advertised as being “excellent condition” by however when I broke it down, I found this. 

Is it just me? How would you guys rate this personally condition wise? 

Was just a bit curious, I’ll probably also cross post this to ARF aswell.-Mathew

Jq1Ijfz.jpg

n5cJhb8.jpg

PDUcmtX.jpg

y8QrkMP.jpg

YCAwYEm.jpg

25hB9FD.jpg

nbIeun2.jpg

zLJn6KT.jpg

kdCDlme.jpg

1HSTOSp.jpg

xnLqCnY.jpg

NAL667w.jpg

I have owned a Reising that was in excellent condition.  This one is not.  It would be a stretch to grade it good condition.  Just curious, were there photographs before purchase?  If so the rust and worn condition should have been apparent.

I would not rate this gun as excellent condition personally… you’ve show some pretty major flaws… but I can say 100% sure the welds for the part that holds your trigger assembly is completely normal an crude I’ve never seen one not look like that.

Wow, that is definately not in excellent condition, I would have been shocked and pissed off to see that when it arrived. The seller clearly only sent you selective pictures to hid the rust or they were old pictures from long ago when it was in better condition.  Just courious were those the only pictures of the Reising he sent you? Where did you buy it from?

13 hours ago, Twoodworth said:

Wow, that is definately not in excellent condition, I would have been shocked and pissed off to see that when it arrived. The seller clearly only sent you selective pictures to hid the rust or they were old pictures from long ago when it was in better condition.  Just courious were those the only pictures of the Reising he sent you? Where did you buy it from?

Yes they were, and I’d prefer to not say, as the guy is offering a full refund and I don’t necessarily want to flame him as generally a pretty patient/easy going person.

(Now if the refund never shows up then that would be a VERY different story). 

I agree , it is not in "excellent condition " . However,  I would not be upset with this particular gun.

I do not see rust or scratches on the finish . It is patina/discoloration of the original finish ( may be some old partial reblueing) and the normal  wear on the moving parts or parts that are getting hot. There are scratches on the stock , but you are not showing any cracks or bad dents.

All the welds are correct and original ( they are actually not bad compared to other Reising smgs that I have seen).

If the barrel and internal parts are good , you got yourself a nice Reising, good to very good ,original, used gun. .

Not excellent though  .