Chinese C96 Repros (Snellfur)

RONINPA

WTK: O.K.  guys don’t laugh at me,,,BUT,,anyone out there know How to work on Chinese C96 Repros (Snellfur) semi-auto pistols. Mine dosent work.?!. I talked about this a while ago, but the  info/work,DIDN’T work  either.  Would love to keep it,,,,BUT!!,, any help.????  RONINPA                                                                                                                                                    

C96 SNELLFUR.JPG

I've owned a few of them, and both had the same (potentially dangerous) issue

The "shelf" for lack of a better term, in the bottom of the newly manufactured frame, that the bottom of the lock frame bears against, was milled too low ....allowing both guns to unlock prematurely. This resulted in catastrophic results with a Navy Arms "TU-711" .....shattering the bolt stop,cracking the upper/bbl extension, and dumping 3 rounds f/a before leaving the bolt on the floor next to me.

A BTC imported gun ("Type 43") had the same issue.... but not as severe.

Both also had issues with poorly fitted sears.... the internals are a hodgepodge of C96, M-712, and Chinese made parts of questionable metalurgy

I sold them both as parts guns .....and IMHO, they are more "display" items than safe, reliable shooters.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, villafuego said:

Sell the mags seperately on gunjoker....... then sell the upper / lock frame / and lower seperately..... you'll break even at least

thanks 4 your info.,, any idea of price 4 ea. parts set