Approved e-form 4 in 77 days

Hiller

Looks like things are starting to get moving with the e-forms.

R/s, Bryan.....................

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shiklg said:

I just had my first EForm4 approved in 65 days. Prints were mailed in.

does the ATF mail the stamp?  Or can I do the transfer (4473) with the emailed copy?

I believe that it is the same as an electronic Form 1, in that no physical stamp is received. 

Just got my first e-form 4 returned in 63 days. Mailed in print cards. Funny thing is the approved form was for a Gemtech Viper that came as a package with a M11/9. Submitted both forms electronically on the same day/time and mailed prints in same overnight envelope. No word on the form for the M11/9…

On 4/1/2022 at 8:37 AM, StrangeRanger said:

I sent in a paper F4 in May 21 and an E4 in Feb 22.  I'm betting that I see the E form approval first.

I’m in the exact same boat. June ‘21 for paper and Jan ‘22 for e-form. as stated above one of my e-forms was already approved! 

• Like 1

Anyone have an E-Form 4 on a trust come back yet?  Curious if these are coming back as fast.

Also have a question:  

If you submit an E-Form 4 for a trust with 2 co-trustees (for example husband and wife), the application would have 2 responsible persons.

Does each responsible person have to create an Eforms account and electronically "sign" the submission, or just the primary?

thanks!

Also, one of my paper form 4's jut got the stamp after almost exactly 1 year.  Still waiting on the other one, which was submitted about 2 weeks later.

Edited by shiklg
Eform4 (not Eform3)

3 hours ago, shiklg said:

Anyone have an E-Form 3 on a trust come back yet?  Curious if these are coming back as fast.

Also have a question:  

If you submit an E-Form 3 for a trust with 2 co-trustees (for example husband and wife), the application would have 2 responsible persons.

Does each responsible person have to create an Eforms account and electronically "sign" the submission, or just the primary?

thanks!

Also, one of my paper form 4's jut got the stamp after almost exactly 1 year.  Still waiting on the other one, which was submitted about 2 weeks later.

Is your company under a trust?

Why are you using a form 3?

On eforms any RP can certify the form

seems confusing

1 hour ago, taylorwso said:

Is your company under a trust?

Why are you using a form 3?

On eforms any RP can certify the form

seems confusing

I am a FFL/SOT.  I am selling a NFA item to someone who wants to put it in a trust, and I want to transfer on Eform4 (sorry I mis-typed in the above post)

You answered my question, that it only takes 1 RP to certify the Eform 4.  thanks!

I just signed up for e-file forms. I spent four days trying to do my first form and talk to A.T.F. at least 30 times. It keeps coming back to responsible person where there are missing information. There isn't any missing information in responsible person. I checked every damn box off that I possibly could and put something in it. And it will not submit my form. I could've typed them out, and mail them to the NFA with a mistake got it back in two weeks and then had approved two weeks later. Quicker than this e-file crap. 

21 hours ago, GUNHEEP said:

I just signed up for e-file forms. I spent four days trying to do my first form and talk to A.T.F. at least 30 times. It keeps coming back to responsible person where there are missing information. There isn't any missing information in responsible person. I checked every damn box off that I possibly could and put something in it. And it will not submit my form. I could've typed them out, and mail them to the NFA with a mistake got it back in two weeks and then had approved two weeks later. Quicker than this e-file crap. 

as i said in the other thread, you make sure the emails are the same? if they are not it will give you that error

• 1 year later...

What to hear crazy? I submitted TWELVE (12) Form 4s starting in like August 2022 with the last form submitted on or about same date of purchase February 24, 2023.       ALL TWELVE (12) items were cleared and I received all of the Forms on the exact same date - MARCH 6, 2023!  That's, only 10 DAYS for the last item purchased and submitted and 193 days for the first of item submitted for transfer. 

For this one, I love the BATFE. Generally, you've got to love the process (well, maybe not). I'm guessing that in some crazy very small and unusual world maybe (?!?) all of my items (as really hard and unusual to imagine that would be) were assigned to same reviewer and once one of them cleared, they elected possibly to "clear out the stack" and approved everything all at once. BUT, in 20+ years of collecting, buying and selling, I have NEVER, EVER, EVER had this happen. At the very best, I might have gotten a gun with the suppressor I bought with it clear on the same day.

Trusts have been a complete enigma. Spoke with Atlanta and was advised that they are being subjected to greater scrutiny, especially the older ones, and being reviewed by legal beagles more carefully for accuracy of language. I've been drafting trusts for clients and friends for 25 years +/-.  

TO MY DEALER FRIENDS: If by any chance whatsoever you were not already aware, with the greatest respect to all of you (C&Rs, FFLs, SOTs, and former FFLs) I urge you all to familiarize yourselves with the Presidents Recently Signed Executive Order. PLEASE be abundantly aware that on Friday, March 14, 2023, the President signed EXECUTIVE ORDER 14092: https://www.federalregister.gov/executive-order/14092  The Order directs the Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of Homeland Security, Secretary of Health & Human Services, Secretary of Education, Secretary of Education, Secretary of Veteran Affairs, Director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Surgeon General and all heads of other agencies (= ALL GOVERNMENT agencies) amongst a whole range of other directives, to clarify the definition of who is engaged in the business of dealing in firearms,... to increase compliance with Federal background check requirements for firearm sales; prevent former FFLs whose licenses have been revoked or surrendered form continuing to engage in business; to publicly release ... inspection reports of FFL dealers cited for violations, .... Effectively the Order directs ALL agencies to strictly enforce established laws, scrutinize sales, publish all violations determined by inspection reports of FFL dealers. I've had whole host of my Dealer friends subjected in just the past weeks to agonizingly intensive inspections, violations and fines including revocation of licenses. A Copy of the Federal Register version and an unofficial version are attached. Please Familiarize yourselves with this Order and be AWARE of its ramifications!

Fed Reg. Vol 88 No. 53, March 17, 2023 - Exec Ord 14092_0001.jpg

Edited by asebullshark
Include uploaded Order

On 5/6/2023 at 7:51 AM, asebullshark said:

What to hear crazy? I submitted TWELVE (12) Form 4s starting in like August 2022 with the last form submitted on or about same date of purchase February 24, 2023.       ALL TWELVE (12) items were cleared and I received all of the Forms on the exact same date - MARCH 6, 2023!  That's, only 10 DAYS for the last item purchased and submitted and 193 days for the first of item submitted for transfer. 

Something weird is happening.  My customer had all 6 approved today. They were from august 22 till Feb 23 all on a trust. I thought it was some mess up, but they were all the same trust.

I'm also getting random ones back under 90 days.