One last MG thoughts?

Dean

Hello to all you guys, but HK sears are overrated and too expensive at this time! I would grow up and get a belt fed!. 1919A4 or ANM2. etc,

You cam buy a lot of ammo with the price diff. Thats if you like to shoot MGs!  Like I do.

BP out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BPinFL said:

Hello to all you guys, but HK sears are overrated and too expensive at this time! I would grow up and get a belt fed!. 1919A4 or ANM2. etc,

You cam buy a lot of ammo with the price diff. Thats if you like to shoot MGs!  Like I do.

BP out.

I should have bought your 1928 but money was a little tight at that time.

HK sear all the way. I’ve been selling off most of my personal MG’s and bought a sear. In today’s market a sear or M16 offer the most “bang for your buck”

Now, if you want something for a cool factor-you could get a Thompson. An American icon, lots of fun, and you can get 22lr conversions for them. 

When I’m done I’ll hahe the following for my “keeper” guns-

Colt NAVY Thompson

M1A1 Thompson

1918A2 NESA BAR

Swedish K

Fleming sear (and lots of hosts)

The reality of that list is I could cut it down to one Thompson, the Swedish K and my Fleming....and I just might at some point. 

Look into a browning belt fed gun, 1919A4 or 1917 water cooled gun. easy to work on and parts are available. sideplate guns are reasonable with the 1917's seeming to be the lowest priced. 30-06 and be changed  easily to 8mm and 308. even 7.62 x54r with some difficulty.

With a sear you could get a belt fed and it would be less expensive to feed-HK23E is 223/556 and you wouldn’t be adding another caliber to your pile. Plus you could buy the parts and make it into a 21e meaning it would be 308....a two for one host. 

• Like 1

As much as I love the BMG (1919a4), I agree with the guys suggesting that you sell the AC556 and get a registered HK sear (Fleming or Qualified).  In my opinion, no collection is complete without an M16 (or RDIAS, my preference) and a registered HK sear.

5 hours ago, gftiv said:

Look into a browning belt fed gun, 1919A4 or 1917 water cooled gun. easy to work on and parts are available. sideplate guns are reasonable with the 1917's seeming to be the lowest priced. 30-06 and be changed  easily to 8mm and 308. even 7.62 x54r with some difficulty.

they are low priced because they are expensive to shoot, and really not that fun when you have to drag all the stuff to the range. The only guys that still shoot them are the old guys that are sitting on surplus 308.

Truer words have not been posted.  Just one of those more is better things.  Although I like quality and quantity!  HK sear may be expensive but it gives you a ton of options.  So you are really getting a bunch of different machine gun options / calibers for that hefty price point.  

I'm on the same thought as the other guys on selling the AC556. Personally I never liked that format.

HK sear definitely would be one to consider. My MP5 is a fun one to shoot.. but the sear would let you to shoot other HK platforms.

sell the aac and buy a hk sear.

beltfeds...while fun and i'm a belty dude too.... they are a headache and unless you know your kids REALLY and specifically would enjoy one I'd pass on that for a hk sear.

If I had to pick a few keep until death and pass onto kids guns it would be:

M16, UZI, MP5/sear..... done.

Lots of flexibility in that set. 

Kid can add a beltfed if the addiction truly occurs.

Forget about AK's unless they're 556 or 545.  7.62 x 39 is a handful on a rifle and is best left to beltfeds.! 

If you want to have fun, get a 1919 or ANM2.

These guys that don't like 1919's need to try one.  Ammo is cheap compared to gasoline.

Sorry for the rant, but thats what I think! BP

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2022 at 10:06 AM, Ryo said:

I'm on the same thought as the other guys on selling the AC556. Personally I never liked that format.

HK sear definitely would be one to consider. My MP5 is a fun one to shoot.. but the sear would let you to shoot other HK platforms.

I've owned all of the pre-samples, IMO there's no reason to own any of them other than the MP5. If I were a non-SOT, I'd own a transferable double push pin MP5 over any sear combo.

If you want a beltfed, the 1919A4 is the way to go, as mentioned though it is a bit of a pain to lug all that crap out to the range for a quick blast.

Edited by b_san

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get MCR upper for M16, https://youtu.be/93p56OAQROE.  Can't go wrong with 1919, ammo is a factor there and so is weight.  It doesn't go the range as frequent as the m16 or subgun due to all the crap you have to bring with you.  Uzi is good but I prefer MP40, same price for a tube gun.  HK sure but hosts and parts aren't cheap and I hate cleaning HK guns, they are like the dirtiest of dirty guns to clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t understand why someone wouldn’t like a sear. Yeah, it’s pretty pricey but man the potential is damn near limitless. It’s a pretty cool feeling to take the sear out and drop it into a brand new HK and let loose. Buy a Fleming sear and you’ll never regret it.  I bought my first Fleming sear that came with an original sp89 that was made into the “k” version and it’s a spectacular weapon. It’s sexy, iconic and just badass.