Some of the last Saco Defense M60s off the line - Photo heavy

We had an opportunity to perform inspections on some of the last M60s that Saco Defense Produced before the plant closed round about 1997 .... These are very interesting because they have Saco's prototype M60e4 parts on them......

Saco created the M60e3 in 1985. It was adopted by the Navy and Marine Corps and went into mass production for military contracts.... Not long after, the military was beginning trials on the M240 as a replacement. Saco Defense was still working on improvements for the gun which is what these parts are a result of.... The plant would close and a lot of this stuff never went into production... Most notable is the stamped steel M60e4 top cover. You can see it is the exact shape of the M60e4 Mod 1 milled aluminum top cover.... This was Saco's first steps to create a top cover capable of mounting optics....

The original owner of these bought them directly from Saco Defense. They are all post sample machine guns being that the plant closed well after the 1986 ban....Three of these are consecutive serial number guns which makes them even cooler...

I thought this worthy of sharing....Some photos below.

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

7F64D0FD-E286-4BAD-8B91-1CFBDD55EE0B.png
bq1hTy6.jpg

jc0QT9U.jpg

AAA New.png

aaa 2.png

aaa 3.jpg

DYGPSeZ.jpg

CAwxT3E.jpg

4oHk329.jpg
68ZAO8g.jpg
1GHHBgs.jpg
AcTaB5C.jpg
7fdNiH9.jpg
pj0woaM.jpg

unsual Gen 1 e4 topcover modified to have Pic rail attached to top. The inside is not skelotonized like the e3 covers.

QEr1wa0.jpg

2A430501-4746-40C6-90DD-DB5BB709E3D8.png

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
  • Like 2

@taylorwso I did not go through them yet. We will completely strip them to include break down of all components. I wont know approximate amount of usage / wear etc until I get them broken down.

At face value all appear to be in immaculate condition. According to the gentleman who purchased them directly from Saco, he put them away and never shot them.

Wow - wow - WOW!!!  You come across the most amazing stuff!  

Those really are some rare/cool M60 items - never seen a few of those parts before.

Agree- the prototype stamped topcover is super cool (looks like a prototype feed cam in it as well).

I've got one of those heavy sustained fire barrels in my collection - great to have these associated pics for reference.

As always, an awesome stuff - Thanks for sharing those pics!!!

Edited by mattnh
  • Like 1

Yes the feed cam really sticks out. I believe it was the first attempt at using a different radius on the cam. Which in turn giver it more pulling power. 
   The heavy barrels are still in use today on the helicopters. They are pretty awesome. 

@mattnhi appreciate the kind words man. 

Aaron