Bixler-Boatman 93R

Machineguntony

I own one of the Bixler-Boatman 93 and decided that it was time to update the gun. 

After 30+ years, the bluing was wearing away, and the ratchet mechanisms were starting to wear down. Sometimes the gun would unintentionally do a 4 round burst.

This was the gun in its original state…

https://imgur.com/a/TpJvcK4

I was able to find an experienced and credible smith who had experience with the original 93s and asked him to update, make correct parts for the gun, and do general maintenance.

This is the result after 7 months. The gun now has new internals (including new springs and ratchets), new bluing, and new modern grips. The grips were a challenge in and of themselves.  

I still have the OG wood grips, but those will probably be retired. 

Shot it last night and it ran beautifully, like a new gun.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, Machineguntony said:

I own one of the Bixler-Boatman 93 and decided that it was time to update the gun. 

After 30+ years, the bluing was wearing away, and the ratchet mechanisms were starting to wear down. Sometimes the gun would unintentionally do a 4 round burst.

This was the gun in its original state…

https://imgur.com/a/TpJvcK4

I was able to find an experienced and credible smith who had experience with the original 93s and asked him to update, make correct parts for the gun, and do general maintenance.

This is the result after 7 months. The gun now has new internals (including new springs and ratchets), new bluing, and new modern grips. The grips were a challenge in and of themselves.  

I still have the OG wood grips, but those will probably be retired. 

Shot it last night and it ran beautifully, like a new gun.

Excellent.

Is the receiver aluminum, steel, or titanium?

PM to you--- thanks.

Tony